cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV BBQ

tkoden
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer came with an outdoor gas bbq. I finally set it up in preparation for our first real outing this weekend. I was just wondering if the bbq is designed to be left attached to the trailer while transporting?
107 REPLIES 107

facory
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know how much they sell for?
2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike

SRF0064
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone with RVQ for sale please contact me

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cook outside all year round. Snow, sleet, rain...sorta like goin' postal.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:
Can you BBQ when it's below freezing? Pretty soon I'm going to try, as I'm so sick of this horrendous winter.

Nothing like firing up the ol' grill in the middle of winter and watching the smoke waft over to the neighbors and seeing how long before they come over to ask what's smelling so darned good! ๐Ÿ˜„

l have gilled on a snow-covered deck in the middle of Canadian winter and it was just fine. Go for it.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Cold BBQ? Sure! Keep in mind the grill cools off faster and keep the tank pretty full.

Shielding the tank and grill from direct cold wind is helpful for you AND your burgers ๐Ÿ˜‰

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:
Can you BBQ when it's below freezing? Pretty soon I'm going to try, as I'm so sick of this horrendous winter.

I did it on my first trip when I put the BBQ on the trailer. I just had to try it out. With the big burners going is was nice near the stove. I cooked breakfast, bacon and eggs, when it was about 20 degrees outside. Of course, we ate inside. LOL
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

afraid_of_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Of course you can BBQ when it's below freezing. Just bundle yourself up well and remember that your beer can freeze!! We've had our BBQ running at -20 Celsius.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
facory wrote:
Thongs????? Who are you camping with?

My DW and her friends .... Oh wait I think I was just dreaming that!!
2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

facory
Explorer
Explorer
Thongs????? Who are you camping with?
2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
LynnandCarol wrote:
sbowman871 wrote:
A full member would ask this question?

I get that perhaps I should have said.,.. yes we travel with our awning out and our gas grill attached. LOL

AND the slide as well.....what was the old saw about no dumb questions

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
As has already been pointed out to me.... Drinking a beer while cooking is extremely irresponsible and a foolish/dangerous thing to do. The grill could go into nuclear meltdown and take out the whole campground :B

I am so screwed then because I thought it was proper etiquette to have a beer (or cocktail of choice) in one hand and thongs or a spatula in the other while grill-en
2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
If we're throwing semantics around isn't Propane just the gas version(C3H8) of Charcoal/wood without the volatile compounds?...
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Huntindog wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
The whole problem with this discussion is that it should have been made clear from the start that there is absolutely no need for any type (hanging, traveling, whatever) of gas grill for outdoor cooking. Everybody who's anybody that cooks knows that CHARCOAL is the only REAL way to BBQ. Apple and Hickory to smoke. Gas is good for sautรฉing, braising and warming. Let the grilling wars begin:-). Nothin better than a cookoff. Gimme my Guinness and Thermoworks thermometer; Engarde!
As has already been pointed out to me.... Drinking a beer while cooking is extremely irresponsible and a foolish/dangerous thing to do. The grill could go into nuclear meltdown and take out the whole campground :B

Ah,but Guinness isn't beer; it's stout. That makes it OK.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch