cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

S & S Campers still in business?

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking for a four season truck camper for the DH and I to take to the lower 48, as our TT has too many axles to make the ferry cheap. We also want to be able to go some places that the TT doesn't fit. I looked at Lance, Bigfoot, Northern Lite, Eagle Cap and then hit on S&S campers. A used one is for sale in our neck of the woods. It has all the storage I could want and more, the configuration is great, and it is four seasons capable (important here in Alaska).

I can't find S&S online, and none of the campers seem to be older than 2010. Are they still in business? If so, anyone have information on where I can get a brochure?
6 REPLIES 6

bb_94401
Explorer
Explorer
Drove by there today on the way to the ski hill.

They are open Tuesday - Friday. The contract work is keeping them going. They would be happy to build a TC for you. I've been getting supplies from them to fix some luan and battery compartment frame issues.
'05 Ram 3500, 4x4, DRW, LB, 6spd man, CTD, PRXB exhaust brake, Roadmaster bar

'01 Corsair 10'8" - 4,200 lbs., Xantrex XADC 80A, Link 20, 4-Lifeline GPL-4CT, PowerGate Isolater, 2 AWG wire, PI 30A EMS, 2 Honda EU2000i, parallel kit, ext. duration tank.

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone!

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Last I heard, their web site would be down for a while--a long while. But they are still making campers, AFAIK. And if I were going to buy a TC, it would be an S&S.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

GMCPU53
Explorer
Explorer
I had a question about my S&S and called them last week because their website has said under construction for a few months. I believe it was Doug that I spoke to and he said they have been busy doing just about all commercial or govt special orders, and would probably not have the website back up until he can make some TC's to sell .
So , it appears they are still in business, just limited to another direction right now. If you ever do get a chance to buy an S&S, especially a new one, you will be very satisfied. Well made unit.

Joe
2011 Silverado 3500HD LT4x4 Ext.Cab L/B SRW
2008 S&S Montana Ponderosa 8.5 FBSC

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
The S&S units look nice.

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
As far as I know they're still in business in Kalispell, MT. You might give them a call at (406) 755-5080.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver