cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seeking a quality built highly functional TT - suggestions?

Doorknob
Explorer
Explorer
I've been shopping for a smaller high quality TT. I'd like to find an interior closer to a cruise ship cabin rather than a house. I've looked at Airstreams, Casitas and Scamps. These TT's appear to be rock solid, but the Airstreams are too pricey, the Scamps and Casitas too small. I'm about to put a deposit on a Escape 19, which is built by Escape Trailer Industries, in Canada. I'm concerned about not having a dealer network to support service or warranty problems.

Can anybody out there suggest something different that I should look at? Fortunately I have a couple of years (which I need for the Escape)
Intergalatic President of the Big Hat No Cattle Society
22 REPLIES 22

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most of the TT you mention are sold factory direct and don't have dealer network other then Airstream. The purpose of buying a higher quality TT is to avoid the dealer. Other places can work on them beside the factory. I suggest you go to the owner's forum of each mfg's your interested in and they could tell you about what they do for service. Keep in mind the warranty is only a year anyway. You can also do most minor repairs yourself. I do not know your skill set.

There are also blogs such as Interstellar Orchard where people full time in small TT like her Casita. She explains what she does for service.

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
Too bad Sunline went out of business.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
What about the travel trailers built by that Canadian aerospace manufacturer... I can't think of the name right now. The trailers are 17-20 ft, custom built from carbon fiber and aluminum, I think their top of the line is around $80k... whats the name?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

sky_free
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at this as well. We sold our AF 990 truck camper and are looking at quality TT's now.

Looked at the Lance 1575 and 1475 and although my wife really liked the 1475, neither of these light weight models has the 4-season rating which is important to us. Both of these are also really low to the ground for some reason, which worries me having had a TT before. The 1685 is too wide. We need something max 7' wide.

The Scamp 19 can be converted to bumper-pull, but it is hideous looking in that configuration.

Oliver's are too expensive so I think Escape is about the only choice for us unless we decide that we can live with the Lance 1475 limitations. It is about $6,000 cheaper than the Escape.
2017 Escape 17B, 2012 VW Touareg

Bruce_H_
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you take a look at the Lance travel trailers. They definitely have a quality look and feeling to them.

Bruce
2012 Lance 1575 TT pulled by 2013 4WD Expedition with HD Tow Package

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
You might look at Oliver... again, no dealer network, but at least they're fairly close to you. Keep in mind that most of these trailers use common brand name, off-the-shelf components (axles, cooktops, refrigerators, furnaces, toilets, etc.) and you can get them serviced at any RV dealership.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've looked at Airstreams

Go pre-owned and it will perhaps be in your price range. If that is what you want why settle for anything else?
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Scamp makes a 19" in both a bumper pull and FW.
Scamp

Not much else to choose from:
MFG. List
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand