cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Share your favorite

2halfs
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are the original owners of a 2004 Travel Trailer.

We have decided it is time to upgrade to a newer rig.

We want to purchase a TT that is 4-5 years old.

Can you share the floor plans/manufacture/model number you like with our desired specifics?

- 27-31ft total length (bumper to hitch)
- One-two slide out
- Walk around queen bed (private)
- Shower/no tub
- Sofa and dinette/table
- Reasonable counter space for cooking and dish cleaning
- Two doors would be great
- Being able to access the bathroom and refrigerator while closed up
- Outdoor cooking center would be a plus
- Prefer no bunkhouse model but interested if the above items are available

Many Thanks
Happiness in an RV is a Full Tank of Gas,
and an Empty Holding Tank!
11 REPLIES 11

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
2112 wrote:
klutchdust wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Toyhauler, basically any of them.
And if you donโ€™t like the seating, you could literally load a sectional in it thru the 8x8โ€™ rear door.

Agreed. And the "garage" is a great place to get together if the weather goes south AND the roof is pretty tall. Mine has two fold downs for the dinette and a nice sleeper sofa/couch that is comfortable. ( I had them reupholstered and new foam)
X2 on a toy hauler. That may be my next camper and I won't be hauling toys

I have a work n Play by Forest River. There is a full screen that can be pulled down with the ramp open. Some owners choose to use the tailgate as a patio, there are screened in accessories or side screens to let the pooches outside or nice to put out the lawn chairs and feel the breeze. At the racetrack they back them in and they make a great viewing area if you are trackside. ( drag racing is my thing) . Wheel the bicycles inside and keep them out of the weather. With the e bikes becoming popular easy to load and tie to the floor for transport. motorized chairs another option.

Explorer II
Explorer II
klutchdust wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
And if you donโ€™t like the seating, you could literally load a sectional in it thru the 8x8โ€™ rear door.

Agreed. And the "garage" is a great place to get together if the weather goes south AND the roof is pretty tall. Mine has two fold downs for the dinette and a nice sleeper sofa/couch that is comfortable. ( I had them reupholstered and new foam)
X2 on a toy hauler. That may be my next camper and I won't be hauling toys
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Be wary of Forest River products with the foam sandwich floor. We have a 2016, and all the heavy traffic areas are spongy. This was used mainly on their ultra lite models.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

2halfs
Explorer
Explorer
The Artic Fox 25Y is exactly what we would be happy with. Thank you "agesilaus" for showing us. I have not seen that manufacturer, with that floor plan yet.

Also, thanks for the share of the 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 27 rl from "parcany". These two trailers I am adding to my spreadsheet of manufacturers and floor plans.

The other ones are nice also, but they are in the same age range as our current trailer and we want to update from the older trailer. Even though the older rigs hold up so well, we want to update to the newer units as they provide usually, the solar hook up, backup cameras, inside USB ports, TV that can mount on the walls.....all things we can upgrade our older trailer with, but by the time we do we may as well spend the money on a newer one
Happiness in an RV is a Full Tank of Gas,
and an Empty Holding Tank!

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
WE HAVE A 2018 jAYCO jAYFEATHER 27 RL.. Does not have a outside kitchen, but everything else is there. GVW is 7000 pounds. The only thing that you may not like is the grey coloron the outside. Right now I am compounding it out cause is got very dull. But what I have done looks brand new. It has 40 gallon water fresh water tank, 32.5 gallon grey and black tank. 15000 btu a/c, and the furnace keeps the trailer nice and toasty. Might want to check it out.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our trailer, a 2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS has served us well for 20 years and continues to do so as our "summer place" as it sits in our sons full hookup family campround in the middle of the federal forest in northern Michigan. We enjoy it as much as we can and when we are gone it will belong to my son for the rest of the family to use.

It has been a comfortable, reliable unit for the entire time we have had it. I have been very proactive in keeping water out and that effort has paid off as we have never had a leak anyplace on the trailer. We have had to replace several of the appliances but that was due to normal wear and tear over the years. Three years ago we had the roof re-done with RV Armor and are completely satisfied with the work they did and the condition of the roof today. Hope that helps it to last another 20 years for my son and family. Too bad they all don't make them this way anymore.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Our 1997 32wfs holiday rambler TT was all of that in your wish list as well as nearly flawless of build in the 12 years we had it and about 70000 mi on the road.
Our 2009 Carriage Cameo 35fd3 5er of now 14 years and counting is serving us well with over 60000 miles on it.
Yes we have replaced some appliances. cheap by thought of trading and by removing the faded graphics Noone knows its more than 10 years old

There are units built to be as flawless and waranteed as you wish
It's the Rolls Royce over any other discussion

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arctic Fox 25Y has two chairs no sofa
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Choose what you like. It is like asking which car is best. Some like Ford other Chev.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos