cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Silverthorne, CO campground info?

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Will be heading to Silverthorne, Colorado for a wedding in July. Looking for recommendations on a campground in the area. Any suggestions? :@
2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
5 REPLIES 5

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Thanx for all the info.
Being July we want to make reservations as soon as possible. Probably only be 2 nights, but we want to have the site before we get there.
2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

tc-lance
Explorer
Explorer
Search for campgrounds around Lake Dillon, there are several. I dont know, but would expect those campgrounds to on a USFS reservation system, and would highly recommend reservations. Lake Dillon is busy in July, and just an hour from a billion people in the Denver metro area.

It is a beautiful area, and there will be lots to see and do besides the ceremonies you are attending. I don't camp there myself, since I am not a big lake boater. Enjoy!
Lance 995 TC, Ford F250 4WD, camper pkg, stable loads.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger Run and the campgrounds around Lake Dillon are the only close options I know of. There is a smaller campground north of Silverthorne on along the Blue River on Hwy 9.

You should be able to find the Dillon campgrounds on Recreation.gov. They will book out early.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Forget Tiger Run. They don't allow TCs in there or at least they didn't when I lived in CO and traveled that area. If you notice the fellow above me that recommended it has a MH and not a TCer. I don't have one anymore either but I had many of them when I lived in CO.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
There is Tiger run in Breckenridge but it is pricey. Depending on needs there a few parks around 1 at lake Dillon
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD