cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

so..........how do yo know a good deal?

wrenchnone
Explorer
Explorer
OK so we have decided on a manufacture and a floor plan. Luckily we have a dealer here in town. They made us an offer today and I'm trying to figure out if it is a good deal.
The unit is a 2015 Coachman 254DSX. The MSR is $32,575.25 and they'll sell it to us for $20,500 plus tax and licensed. Whacha think?
23 REPLIES 23

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Look up the used price for that same unit. That's how much it will be valued once you drive it off the lot. It's a good way to figure out if you're really getting a good deal or not.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Love this floorplan! Almost as good as my local dealer charges for the same unit here in GA. Make sure you get full propane tanks, battery and starter kit (hose, tank treatment). Try to get the dealer to include the WDH, too.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

wrenchnone
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all. This is an out right deal.......no trade and I have no reason to doubt the integrity of the dealer. he is including some hoses'and a battery. and I agree 100 % with the statement that the price will be a distant memory in 12 months. Just curious what people thought. Thank you

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does look like a good deal, go for it if the dealer is reputable and known for good customer service should you require warranty work. Do a thorough PDI with them demonstrating that all systems (plan for a good weather day) are fully operational. They may try to upsell extended warranty but TT's are fairly easy to upkeep and maintain and most issues tend to get remedied during the warranty period. Here's hoping you enjoy your new rig and that it is all that you expected. Happy camping!!!

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
The price is good now the work begins. If your first rig ask them to throw in.
Sewer hose and fittings at least 20 foot, Water hose, Pressure reducer. Wheel chock(s) Jacks if not built in etc.
You need to do a thorough predelivery inspection BEFORE PAYING where you make sure Everything I mean everything works. IF not 100% then no final payment till fixed
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
If it is the `right' rig for your anticipated camping lifestyle it is a good deal. If it isn't there is no way it's a good deal.
A year from now you won't remember how much you paid for it but will know, for sure, if you still like the rig.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have any trust in the dealer? Trying to save money can end up costing you.

Consider your trust and confidence in the dealers. A cheaper or comparable deal can cause grief in the end. Good luck.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only way you know if it's a good deal is if it takes 6 months and the salesman doesn't like you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Straight out deal or do you have a trade-in?

If no trade, IMO, a good price. Is there a dealer prep fee added to that?

I do the wheeling and dealing in this household... LOL, also in my 2nd career worked for a RV dealership for over 5 years.

Good Luck and enjoy if you go for it