cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So lets say you need to bring one side up 3-4 inches

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up our first TT. We will mostly be rving on sites that are level concrete pads that won't require much more that a 1" block on the side with 3 slides to help level it out. But lets say we find ourselves in a spot that is significantly lower on one side. How do you bring the trailer up if you have a series of 1 foot blocks, or plastic pads, without causing the top blocks to kick out as you try to climb up them. I have considered carrying 1 ft. sections of 1x8, 2x8 and if I needed more than a couple of inches grab a set of Anderson levelers for up to 4 inches.
50 REPLIES 50

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a bunch of scrap deck boards from when I built my deck. I can park on the side of a mountain and level the trailer, picnic table, small outside table for fridge etc etc.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the ideas....I have a good Idea on how I will start out.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If you look closely you can see 2X6 blocks cut at 45 degrees and stacked as my levelling blocks. What you can't see is the 8" bolt with a point ground on the end. The blocks are drilled through an the bolt is hammered through the blocks and into the ground to keep the blocks from kicking out when i drive up them.

2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We have these leveling blocks. They interlock like legos. I have stacked them four high (uses 11 blocks for one wheel) and we have no problem driving up on them.

It is a little more difficult to get them really high for two axle set ups because the wheels are close together but it can be done using more than one set. For two axles and two 'levels' you would need six blocks.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I use pieces of 2x10 with the ends cut at 45 degrees. My longest one is about 6 feet and keep it in the truck bed for other uses too. I also have some shorter pieces that can sit on top of the long section. Knocking the ends down to 45 degrees helps keep them from moving. If I'm on the long board and need just a little more I then add one short piece for one of the wheels.

The more times you set up the more you will get a feel for what you need just by eyeballing the site.

I sold the plastic blocks in a garage sale.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I use wood blocks. Most are dimensionally 1 1/2". If I need to raise the side of the trailer 3" that would be a two block stack. I have some longer boards that make this relatively easy.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton