cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold the Tundra... : (

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well boys and girls, another Tundra owner down. With the new trailer and all the stuff that my wife likes to bring camping with us now I was a couple hundred lbs over my payload on our last trip. As the kids grow and we acquire more "stuff" in the new trailer, I knew that we would go further and further over the Tundra's payload.

I had been watching truck prices and stumbled upon a used 2015 Ram 2500 with the Cummins, 10K miles for $39K. I checked the trailer wire connectors, still brand new with the factory di-electric grease untouched inside... never towed! It was super clean and only a little more money than a new gas would have set me back. The dealer also provides a lifetime powertrain warranty. We couldn't pass up the deal and brought it home tonight.

Sad to see the Tundra go. It was a wonderful truck and did everything that we asked it to do. Towing was a breeze with the Tundra... but I can only imagine how much better the Cummins will pull.

Surprisingly, the Ram with the coil suspension doesn't feel nearly as harsh as I would have expected. We will be headed out on the first tow this weekend to the beach. Can't wait to see how the Cummins pulls.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS
50 REPLIES 50

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
IdaD wrote:
Fresno Tundra Driver wrote:
Please tell me which one of my comments was "a bit out of line".

Hope it works out for you. Start saving now for repair bills. Dodge just doesn't have the reliability of the Toyota brand. Now Fiat/Chrysler has to buy back all those poorly designed Ram trucks!! Goodluck to you.

Posting this in a thread where a guy is excited about his new truck....out of line. And then you get upset and try to claim the moral high ground after I make a couple of snide comments about your little Tundra in response.

"little Tundra".... LOL
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
And then you get upset and try to claim the moral high ground after I make a couple of snide comments about your little Tundra in response.

And this helps matters?
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell me which one of my comments was "a bit out of line".

Hope it works out for you. Start saving now for repair bills. Dodge just doesn't have the reliability of the Toyota brand. Now Fiat/Chrysler has to buy back all those poorly designed Ram trucks!! Goodluck to you.

Posting this in a thread where a guy is excited about his new truck....out of line. And then you get upset and try to claim the moral high ground after I make a couple of snide comments about your little Tundra in response.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
A famous POS once said "Cain't we all get just along"
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mitw44
Explorer
Explorer
I drove a 2004 Tundra DC for 8 years. It was a great truck, and worked well with my first travel trailer. When I bought my Work and Play, i pulled it with the tundra for awhile, but felt I should up my payload. If Toyota had made a 3/4 ton or even came up with a package called "max tow/max payload", I would have bought it. Toyota would do well with such a package mated to the wonderful 5.7L gas.

But they didn't and I am very happy with the extra payload and suspension, axles, tires, etc that come with my F250 5.4L. I don't get to travel enough, so the gas will do just fine for me.

I loved my Tundra when it was the right truck, but know I made the right choice going to a 3/4 ton.

To the OP, a big Congrats and Enjoy!
2009 F 250 XLT SC 4x4 3.73 LS 5.4L V8
2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171 RBXL

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
FTD,

Let it go

Congrats on the truck purchase!
I love me some land yachting

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
Spoon, the discussion was settled over four hours ago. Please tell me which one of my comments was "a bit out of line". No one here should be worried about expressing their own opinions. I was trying to stay reasonable without loosely throwing insults like some here do too often. Those are the ones that need to act like adults. You loved your Tundra but have outgrown it. I get it. I got that in your OP. You've moved up to a diesel. Congrats to you. When the irrational members start throwing insults, the forum loses its value. Godspeed.
E.Lee Galik

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! That's my favorite trim level. It is funny what is considered base these days. My 09', SLT Big Horn did'nt have near the amount of comfort features. Sounds like you got a good deal.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yea... I should know better...

Its a Tradesman. Wife wouldn't let me get completely bare bones, so it has chrome package, snow chief package, popular equipment group, backup sensors and camera and a couple other options. Its not loaded, but its got a decent amount of creature comforts. I will miss the steering wheel mounted radio controls from the Tundra though...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
No spoon we can not act like adults, you have been here long enough to know that by now...:B. Seriously though, sounds like a good find. I love the looks and interiors on the new Ram's. I might have missed it during the thread hijacking but what trim level did you get? Congrats on the new ride, as good as the Tundra is that Cummins will certainly help ease the loss when you start towing...:)

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guys, settle down. I loved my Tundra and I miss it. It was a great truck when I had my smaller trailer and before we carried all the stuff we carry now. It towed me everywhere I needed to go, it was safe it was stable and had plenty of power and brakes. It was a great truck, fun to drive and comfortable.

My needs exceeded the Tundra's capabilities and I had to buy a heavier truck to handle the weight. I am aware of issues that Ram has had in the past. I don't think that is relevant to my new truck though.

Fresno Tundra Driver, you were a little out of line with your comment. I didn't, and won't denigrate the Tundra. Like I said, I LOVED that truck. It was the perfect truck for me at the time. Unfortunately it isn't enough now.

IdaD, you were out of line with your comment too. Trucklet is meant to be insulting. Again, the Tundra was wonderful to me for 5 years with the lighter trailer that I had. I didn't have to worry about improper use of a diesel engine for trips to the home improvement store or when my wife was driving the car. Having the proper tool for the job is important. It would have been foolish to spend more money to buy, maintain and fuel a diesel that I didn't want/need for all the years.

Can we all act like adults here?
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
So now he claims to take the moral high road. Good grief.

Let it go IdaD... No claims of high ground here. Just civility without the insults. Learn from this and move on.

Back at you chief.

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:

Let it go IdaD... No claims of high ground here. Just civility without the insults. Learn from this and move on.
E.Lee Galik

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer