Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spring is coming.....

Possumgulch
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Groundhogs Day everyone,
As I sit here watching the snow fall, I am aware that Spring is just around the corner, and I am oh so ready to get out camping. We could camp in the winter I suppose, but doesn't sound like a lot of fun to stay cooped up, so will wait for warmer weather. I have been going through camping gear and replacing and repairing...our first reservations are for Memorial Day, but hopefully we will get out for some weekends long before that. What are your plans? Organized reservations, or just pack up and go when the time is right?
Make Memories!!:B
Garry and Julie
2008 Jay Series 1207
Dodge Ram 1500
Looking to Make Memories
18 REPLIES 18

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
We happened to make it out last weekend for a spur of the moment opener to our camping season. I didn't have time nor desire to properly dewinterize it so we did without the water system. I'm actually glad as it helped to push out outside more often anyway. I called up some friends on Friday morning and invited them to come along. They made it to the campsite on Saturday but we had a great time.

Nothing like spontaneous surprise camping to get the season off to a good start.

Now I just have to go back and take care of all those maintenance items and projects on the camper I've neglected all winter long.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Made ressies for late May at St. Joseph Peninsula SP, FL for 5 days; have 7 days in July at Anastasia SP in St. Augustine, FL. Counting the days...
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Serenlyretired
Explorer
Explorer
excuse double post.

BudRock
Explorer
Explorer
:E

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here in Northern Wisconsin its 15 degrees and feels like 4 degrees,we still have 30 inches of ice on the lakes.It will be awhile till spring shows up.

BudRock
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting here now the 23rd of April watching it snow again. Does not seem like much has changed since the original post in February.
Here in Western New York the winter seems never ending.

Looking forward to the time when we can open her up and get her ready for the camping season.... That can't come too soon!

fmattox73
Explorer
Explorer
A follow up on previous post.
Apache Lake was great. Four days in the low 80's three nights in the low to mid
50's. Since I live in Arizona, I'll probably have a few fellow campers that live in other climates muttering
things to themselves.

fmattox73
Explorer
Explorer
First trip this year is for March 8/9. Fishing and camping along the "Apache Trail" near Roosevelt Dam. A family spring thing.

Possumgulch
Explorer
Explorer
Good to see others are excited for camping season too. We lived in So California for 7 years, but weren't campers then....so now we get the winter to dream and plan for it. Just found out DH is retiring this Spring, so hopefully will get much more camping in this year. Got a lot of memories to make!!
Garry and Julie
2008 Jay Series 1207
Dodge Ram 1500
Looking to Make Memories

JLTN_James
Explorer
Explorer
gheicher wrote:
Six more weeks of winter here in PA according to Punxsutawney Phil. Don't know about you guys further west. :S

Only six more weeks!?!?!? :B

Our first trip is scheduled for the first weekend in April; our 25th annual Fort Robinson State Park Tree Plant in NW Nebraska for the Boy Scouts.

Memorial Day will bring our troop's annual rock climbing & family camp trip in Wyoming.

Spring seems so far off right now. -19 overnight; -3 right now; forecast high of +10!
2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 (V8, 4WD, TP, TRD)
2005 Fleetwod Allegance with axle flip
Honeywell 2000i Generator

Me, DW, DS, DD, & Chicken-Dog

Serenlyretired
Explorer
Explorer
Hanging here in Mexico until first of April. A month at home then off to the Trinity Alps in May for the Summer of hiking, kayaking, fishing & camping.
It is my job & I will continue to do it a long as I am out of the urn! LOL

NancyLong
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Open your window of your room as well as window of your heart. ๐Ÿ™‚

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had two weeks of Spring in January, then Winter came back, sort of.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw several motorcycles on the road here in Northern neck VA yesterday... Was waiting for the wife at the grocery store and saw a few folks with shorts and tee shirts... Thats a good sign... Woke up this morning to mild to heavy rain - maybe that will wash all the salt dirt off the roads...

Local TV saying a couple more weather fronts will be fast streaming across the area in the next few days...

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS