cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stablizie trailer - NEWBIE

K2q
Explorer
Explorer
What do y'all do the totally stablize your trailer with the scissor jacks.. Been thinking of putting in a couple more jacks near tires... Or am I not tightening down far enough? Or old fashion Jack stands? 34 foot travel trailer.
6 REPLIES 6

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Get her level and cinch the stabilizers down. I use 2 x 6 blocks under mine plus chocks on the wheels.
Mark

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
It's a frame connected to a few wheels with some type of suspension. It's not like a house with a foundation around the whole perimeter. You have two choices 1) accept that it is going to have movement. 2) Throw a bunch of money at it until you get to (1) as noted above.

2Macs
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 Mesa Ridge 310BHS that came with struts attached to the stablizers. They have taken all of the movement out of the trailer. In addition, we use heavy duty squeeze chocks between the wheels to minimize the movement of the tires.
Ed & Michele :C

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Short of using 6-8 stacks of cinder blocks you will not totally stabilize your trailer. There are various things that will help but it will not be totally set. The poles that go corner to corner seem to work well. We use extra A frames which help.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
clicky

the first one, the three-leg with strap trapezoid thing works very well, I hear. But there are obviously a zillion choices.

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
To keep the trailer from wiggling, we use a BAL single axle wheel chock on each side. If I didn't already have them, I would have purchased a BAL chock for dual axles.

BAL wheel chocks
http://norcoind.com/bal/products/consumer/chocks/chocks.shtml#single

To keep the trailer level & stable, we stack blocks under the jacks so the scissors don't extend more than halfway. We tighten snug plus about 1/2 turn and recheck after the tires cool down.
Dave