cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stinky Slinky, Where?

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
Where ? On the TT , I added a 6" pipe under the frame instead of using the bumper. The original owner just coiled it up in one of the outside storage. It was a really cheap one, with a dryer vent added on. It's a '98, so it didn't come with anything better.
Adventure before dementia
17 REPLIES 17

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
We used to carry ours in a PVC pipe setting on the truck bumper retained by three screws in the bottom of the camper. Later I purchased a hose tube at Camping World and a new super hose with the snap on ends, screwed it to camper behind the truck window. We have a wide space there and the old camper already had screw holes from previous owner so no harm. The angled end stores in one of the rear compartments in, a trash bag.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Rhinoflex hose and keep it in a plastic tub along with one of those gizmos you spread out to keep the hose from sagging while dumping and other sewer gear. Got lucky in that the first tub I tried fits perfectly on the hitch haul under the camper overhang. I just throw a bungee across the top to make sure the lid doesn't blow off.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
when I used a stinky slinky I used Pres-to-fit? connectors and they went into the standard tubes.
bumpy

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
mine won't fit in the carrier (rhino flex) so I store it coiled up in the basement near the dump valves.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
mkirsch wrote:
Are you trying to ask:

"Where should I store the sewer hose on my newly-acquired truck camper?"

If so, you should specify.

Retired engrish teacher?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Downwindtracker2 wrote:
... I wish I knew how to post pictures, you would have been amused by the previous owners slinky, 1/2 super cheap 1/2 dryer vent duct.
Review the Forum Technical Support thread. It will instruct you on posting photos, and you can practice there. We all like photos.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
The connectors probably won't fit in a 4" pipe. I think this ad sounds about right. It says it is 4 5/8". http://www.dwincorp.com/products/82/Super-Tube

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry, my writing skills are usual better than that. My signature is an Australian saying we saw on the back of campers there. Fits us.

We just bought a '98 TC for hunting. We also have a 20' Creekside 20FQ TT. I don't think the DW was too keen on me mudding up the TT hunting. As in, if I was going to take it, she was coming along.

On the TT we use a Rhino slinky, it makes a rather obnoxious chore bearable. Do they fit in 4" pipe?

I wish I knew how to post pictures, you would have been amused by the previous owners slinky, 1/2 super cheap 1/2 dryer vent duct.

THX
Ray
Adventure before dementia

deserteagle56
Explorer II
Explorer II
Downwindtracker2 wrote:
Where ? On the TT , I added a 6" pipe under the frame instead of using the bumper. The original owner just coiled it up in one of the outside storage. It was a really cheap one, with a dryer vent added on. It's a '98, so it didn't come with anything better.

In that nice round tube you can see just above the dually's rear fender. Pretty easy to make.
1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
jfkmk wrote:
I believe he HAD a TT, where he stored the hose in a 6" pipe, now he has the TC and wants to know where to store the hose on the TC.

Im just confused on the whole dryer vent thing.
This is what I am thinking.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
Got this from my Dealer and mounted it under the rear overhand.

X2
These are also great for a place to store fishing rods.

You can also make them out of pvc pipe or those square plastic gutter drains. Be careful if you have a Rhino sewer hose the coupler on the end is bigger and you have to make sure to buy the right diameter pipe to accommodate it.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I believe he HAD a TT, where he stored the hose in a 6" pipe, now he has the TC and wants to know where to store the hose on the TC.

Im just confused on the whole dryer vent thing.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Are you trying to ask:

"Where should I store the sewer hose on my newly-acquired truck camper?"

If so, you should specify.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Downwindtracker2 wrote:
It was a really cheap one, with a dryer vent added on.

This has me confused. :h