cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stranded in Houston

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my Ford 6.0 has the dreaded EGR Cooler failure on our trip from Phoenix to Disney World. It's at the dealership now in Houston. Hopefully they can fix it today.

If not, anyone want to rent me their truck with fifth wheel hitch for a couple of weeks? I'd pay well.
2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

149 REPLIES 149

bigg-limo
Explorer
Explorer
Hannibal wrote:
Wishing you many years and miles of good service from your new truck. On our way back from north Florida today, we passed a 6.0 PSD (silver badge) Ford with it's 5th wheel attached on the side of I-75 with the hood up and someone looking in the engine bay. Hopefully something simple.

Looking forward to some pics!

When I drive back and forth from Phoenix to Dallas, majority of the trucks that I see broken down on the side of the road are Fords. I rarely ever see a GM or a Dodge,โ€ฆand it it is one, it's usually an older model gasser. It's the same way when we travel around Arizona up through the mountains. I'm just hoping that he got something that he's gonna enjoy for a long time. Being broke down while on vacation is not fun at all.

ib516
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hope this Ford is better than the last one. Most 6.7L owners are happy with them from what I hear, so it looks promising. ๐Ÿ™‚
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
DavinD wrote:
thomasmnile wrote:
Dixie Flyer wrote:
Looks as if the new truck paint matches the camper. Enjoy your new toy. There is nothing like a new truck.:B

X2 on the color coordination. Was that by design or just worked out that way............

I will admit, it played a role in picking this specific truck off the lot.

Man... That rig looks like a jewel.

Thanks
In Jesry soon, so I might have another (time-out) :B
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
That's going to be an eye catcher on the interstates! Great looking combo!
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
She's a beauty DavinD, enjoy!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad
DavinD wrote:
thomasmnile wrote:
Dixie Flyer wrote:
Looks as if the new truck paint matches the camper. Enjoy your new toy. There is nothing like a new truck.:B

X2 on the color coordination. Was that by design or just worked out that way............

Man... That rig looks like a jewel.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
Dixie Flyer wrote:

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
Wes Tausend wrote:

DavinD wrote:
I bought the Ford ESP. 6 years or 120,000 miles of worry-free driving
Although I once sold service contracts for electronics etc, I seldom buy them myself.

But I can definately see the advantage of buying the extended service warranty for a new truck. After all, one must evaluate whether one can afford to lose it. It's not like the old days; modern vehicle repair is so expensive for a lone consumer, not buying a good service contract is like not buying collision insurance on it.

Before I retired, I used to work for BNSF Railroad and they self-insured... but Warren could afford it, if the unthinkable happened. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I mentioned I'm having trouble with a Ford V-10. I might replace it with a higher priced Ford rebuilt for that same warranty piece of mind... service just about anywhere.

I do love your new truck and I especially appreciate the white, matching the camper. Besides the old V-10 Excursion, we now also own an older "pre-owned" F-250 7.3L CC, same great color, white. I paid premium partly for the available color and the fact that it spent much of its life in a garage, your very point on getting that truck length. We think alike here.

Now you can make up for the vacation from H. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wes

Until this truck, I never bought them either. I've read too much now and I'm scared. Remember the days before Internet forums? Ignorance was bliss.

This truck cost 3 times what my wife's sedan cost. A repair could easily cost as much as her car. A couple of thousand dollars is worth it to me in this case.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Dixie Flyer wrote:

Wes_Tausend
Explorer
Explorer

DavinD wrote:
I bought the Ford ESP. 6 years or 120,000 miles of worry-free driving
Although I once sold service contracts for electronics etc, I seldom buy them myself.

But I can definately see the advantage of buying the extended service warranty for a new truck. After all, one must evaluate whether one can afford to lose it. It's not like the old days; modern vehicle repair is so expensive for a lone consumer, not buying a good service contract is like not buying collision insurance on it.

Before I retired, I used to work for BNSF Railroad and they self-insured... but Warren could afford it, if the unthinkable happened. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I mentioned I'm having trouble with a Ford V-10. I might replace it with a higher priced Ford rebuilt for that same warranty piece of mind... service just about anywhere.

I do love your new truck and I especially appreciate the white, matching the camper. Besides the old V-10 Excursion, we now also own an older "pre-owned" F-250 7.3L CC, same great color, white. I paid premium partly for the available color and the fact that it spent much of its life in a garage, your very point on getting that truck length. We think alike here.

Now you can make up for the vacation from H. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wes
Days spent camping are not subtracted from one's total.
- 2019 Leprechaun 311FS Class C
- Linda, Wes and Quincy the Standard Brown Poodle

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like a properly set up TV/RV combo.

Enjoy your new ride.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures as promised

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
The truck sold at auction for $8400. New truck price was much more than that. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm getting the hitch rails installed on Friday. Pics to follow.