Bedlam
Some guys go to extremes to not tow anything:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6124343866.html

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD
22 REPLIES 22

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Got just the teensiest bit of a squat, with that Porsche in there.

Gotta say, though, I dig the giant skylight. Wonder if it leaks.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Too good of a topic to let the images get lost to obscurity when the ad get taken down. For posterity, this is what is posted:

This low mileage (under 21,000 miles), one-of-a-kind truck/camper/car carrier is named Bulla Matari meaning "breaker of rocks" from the explorer, Henry Morgan Stanley. Bulla was built to carry a Porsche Spyder, pull a 30 foot sailboat, carry a motorcycle in front, 18 ft kayak with mast and sail on top, bicycles on the rear while functioning as a camper with propane stove, refrigerator, microwave, hot water tank, air conditioning unit, wood fireplace, safe, awning and sleeps 4 adults.
This Ford 350 6L diesel, dual wheels, Lariat Pkg = leather seats and trim, 5-speed transmission, 4WD, and ABS brakes, 17" forged polished aluminum wheels, AM/FM/CD, air conditioning, automatic temperature control. Additional instruments: Temperature, Pyrometer, Volts, and "Panic Button" (Train whistle). Power: brakes, steering, windows, mirrors. Has passenger airbag, front fog lights, front ready lights, fully automated headlights, front-center armrest w/storage, back folding seats. Load Lifter 5000 air springs by Airlift; 3 winches: front one is Warn Dual Force HD 12,000 electric "PowerPlant" hoist; second electric hoist is 1300 lbs by Central Machinery; third is on top of the truck.
The camper has settees that make into a double bed (pictured); a singled bed over the cab and back seats are folded back with a take in or out bed. Ramps for loading car are mounted on sides of truck. To change camper into car-carrier, the stove and sink rise to the ceiling and the double bed is raised over the car. You can see the bar across the windows where the bed fits.
One owner, clean title, well-maintained, current registration and smog certificate, low-low mileage, non-smoker.

2006 FORD 350

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 20911
paint color: silver
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: truck

Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
d3500ram wrote:
Why does THIS SONG come to my mind when I saw that truck?
Perhaps it is the line "...so they loaded up the truck..."

:B

Same thing I thought about:

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
So, it's a bargain!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Naio wrote:
Tiger4x4RV wrote:
Reminds me of the "Land Tug" I saw in Morro Bay a few years ago.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26901717.cfm

Good spotting, Tigre and Bedlam! Clearly the same rig.

I take no credit for it being the same rig, because I did not even go through the CL photos and notice that Morro Bay is in them. I just remembered the rig when I saw the first photo. Yes, it has to be that same one.

$30,000? You can't even find a 2006 Tiger like mine for that low a price.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Bedlam
Tiger4x4RV wrote:

Thank you - I missed your thread the first time.

I call it innovative. For some it may be rough around the edges or extreme, but some of those design elements get my attention. The fact that this camper can be reconfigured and purposed for different tasks gets my attention. I tow an enclosed trailer that rarely is ever loaded the same way with gear and vehicles, so multi-use is close to my heart.

It reminds me of a TV movie from the 70's of what is possible using someone's trash: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079847/

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
OH'MY, the human sewage brilliant germophobes seem to think it's gonna kill everyone "nuts" that post on on this forum will have a severe stroke over the FACT that NO on board toilet/black or gray tank, or porti potti was said to be included or even mentioned let alone a place onboard to shower or get themselves cleaned. Shame on the dirty pigs! Either the owner or the others using the contraption for living or camping can hold it for days or weeks on end until they get to a toilet or might they grace the ground or the waters where they happen to be! Might not want to even be anywhere near, be inside, or especially downwind, and certainly not buy this contraption as the stench will kill you or make you deathly sick!

Still wondering what the masses on the wagon trains did with their human waste crossing the vast plains and mountains when going west many years ago. Maybe some army of advanced scouts dug deep holes and built outhouses every few miles as the horse drawn wagons sure didn't go very fast. Maybe they were just horrible uncaring polluters that should have been arrested and jailed or just chained to rocks or trees since there were either no jails or maybe several hundred to a thousand miles between if any at all!

Just the thought that their human waste eventually contaminated all the lands and the runoff into streams and lakes must torment the homophobes and might be why they are so uninformed as to what human and animal/bird/fish liquid and solid waste really is?

Whoops, go to go as nature is calling loudly out here in the woods....
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:

I was thinking more of the Johnny Cash song, "I built it one piece at a time." ๐Ÿ˜‰

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger4x4RV wrote:

Good spotting, Tigre and Bedlam! Clearly the same rig.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
gitpicker2009 wrote:
Aluminum wheels? Is that safe for that kind of weight?

I'm pretty sure nothing is safe for that kind of weight. Though, who knows, maybe the builder got springs off a tank...

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
Aluminum wheels? Is that safe for that kind of weight?

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
That thing is fugly... Belongs on Craigs List.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III

Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting approach, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it. And ... of course, we all know we are supposed to avoid a 6.0. ๐Ÿ™‚

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member