cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC Fails Pic Dump

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to start a pic dump of TC Fails.

I'd to see ones you personally witnessed and snapped a pic of, because you'd likely also have a little bit of a back-story. Now, Google is full of them. If you think you've found one that's noteworthy, that's ok too.

I have two - A Host Everest on a 3/4 ton at a local dealer, and a TC that got blown off it's jacks during a wind storm here.

'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
62 REPLIES 62

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Freep wrote:
There are Florida dirtbags.

Probably, but not all TC owners are. 😉

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
They don't call us 'dirtbaggers' for no reason.....

Must be a MI or WV thing. Still haven't heard anyone other than you use the term. I was able to look it up in the Urban Dictionary, but still don't see how it applies.

There are Florida dirtbags.
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dirt bags come in many sizes, shapes and sexes. Usually have loud generators, toss their trash everywhere, have yapping dogs and ill behaved children (and a lot of them), leave their outside lights on all night and play their stereo through outside speakers at full volume day or night. When the vacate a campsite they leave all their trash everywhere for someone else to clean up.

Usually, but not always, their outfits are beat to death and they have a odor about them like a week out of a shower and sweating every day...

You all know the type, the ones who never lift the lid to pee at the showers and never flush the commode and if the do take a shower (rare), they don't bother turning the water off.

Dirtbags are everywhere, not just in TC's....
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Not trolling at all imo. I had a TC and bought a lake lot in Mi and the first thing the neighbors said before a tree was ever cut down is NO mobile homes allowed here. Who said anything about a mobile? People associate TC with dirt bag. After my $200,000 "cottage" went up I did realize who the dirt bags are. They were all down stater at one time but after they move up there they become the pure bloods and everyone else is a dirt bag down stater.

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
"Do not feed the troll"
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Might be a Michigan thing. Not West Virginia. They still use tents down there....

EXCUSE ME???????????????????????????
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
jimh425 wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:

Must be a MI or WV thing. Still haven't heard anyone other than you use the term. I was able to look it up in the Urban Dictionary, but still don't see how it applies.

Might be a Michigan thing. Not West Virginia. They still use tents down there....
2015 Backpack SS1500

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
SidecarFlip wrote:

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
tattoobob wrote:

This is anyone who drives the beaches worst nightmare

There us 'water intrusion' at it's best.......:S
2015 Backpack SS1500

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was coming back from Northern Michigan yesterday and saw a gooseneck trailer going the other way with a TC on it plus a side by side and assorted stuff...

Why pull a trailer behind your camper when you can put the camper on a trailer and take everything along...

2015 Backpack SS1500

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
kohldad wrote:
Why would any rational person leave a camper on extended jacks anyway?

Because it's a pain to lower it down 20" with manual jacks and even more of a pain to raise it back up to truck bed height. Any time mine is off the truck, it is at truck bed height because of this reason. However, as soon as the truck is out from under it, I have a pair of saw horses placed under it that will easily carry the entire weight of the camper.

But yeah, to leave it at full height without something steadying the camper isn't very smart.

Interesting, I have manual jacks on mine, for 2 reasons. One, the price of electric jacks which was an option was 1500 bucks and 2, I'm cheap.

Having said that. I carry my trusty DeWalt cordless drill and I have a jack adapter (came free with the camper, in fact I have 2 (one for a spare). Lowering my jacks is about a 3 minute painless job with the drill. Mine sits as close to terra firma as possible when off the truck. No pain at all on my part. The DeWalt does the work.
2015 Backpack SS1500

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer

This is anyone who drives the beaches worst nightmare
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4

2000 Lance 1010

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Link doesn't work, but assume you are talking about a cordless drill. I use a drill on mine, but it's still a pain because you can only run each jack about 10 turns before you have to move to the next jack. That's a lot of walking around the camper. Even with the drill, it can take 30 minutes to lower the camper all the way down.

I made the sawhorse and it take a minute to throw them under the camper and only about 30 minutes. Since I only unload in the storage yard, never on the road, it works great for me.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some may disagree that this is a fail.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
kohldad wrote:
Why would any rational person leave a camper on extended jacks anyway?

Because it's a pain to lower it down 20" with manual jacks and even more of a pain to raise it back up to truck bed height. Any time mine is off the truck, it is at truck bed height because of this reason. However, as soon as the truck is out from under it, I have a pair of saw horses placed under it that will easily carry the entire weight of the camper.

But yeah, to leave it at full height without something steadying the camper isn't very smart.

Would this heavy duty 1/2 inch work? It's been a long time so I actually dont remember how difficult my old TC were.