cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TCs With Honda 2000s

Mike3
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you carry your Honda and the gas can for re-fueling?
2017 Entegra Anthem
2013 Honda CRV Toad
2013 Road Glide Ultra with a HydraLift
27 REPLIES 27

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mike@Asheville wrote:
nice setup Reddog1, did you make that?
Thanks, I did make the Honda mount. The Honda weight is carried by the Jack mounts, using unistrut. It is attached to the ladder to provide balance.

The fuel is in a 3 gallon boat fuel tank. I can,(and have) connected the fuel tank to the Honda for a continuous run using any part of four gallons of fuel. The mount for the fuel tank is simply a ladder chair carrier. I use two bungees to hold the tank in place.

I do run my Honda in rain/wind, and while driving down the road. This setup has worked for me for over nine years. I should add, I can open the TC door, and reach outside to start the Honda.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I love those setups, I especially like that custom box Okan-Star.

So for I just carry mine in the camper, there's a spot just under the fridge that you'd swear was designed for it. I was a bit worried about gas fumes but no issue so far. I carry a gas can in the external generator compartment.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
I don't carry extra fuel. the 3000 has a 3.5 gallon tank. I put blue totes on either side to carry drinking water and other items.

NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Wheelholder
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, mine runs just fine in the rain also. Carry generator behind the passenger seat in the cc p/u. Gas can goes on the hitch haul.
2008 Silverado crew cab Duramax/Allison
2008 Lance 830

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
They run fine in the rain. I carry mine on a hitch rack in back.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Mike3
Explorer
Explorer
Do you run your Hondas in the rain or cover them when it rains. I guess r they waterproof?
2017 Entegra Anthem
2013 Honda CRV Toad

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
These are my old Okan agan and nort STAR ,from where my screen name came from
On the Okanagan I put a weathergaurd box on the bumper that the Honda and a gas can would go in ,put vents on it and it would run in the box in colder weather , the dr came down and had a chain support on it that the gen could sit on when it was to hot to run in the box
The Northstar I put a shelf on the bumper as I have on the Lance I have now

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
Before flatbed , I made a platform on the bumper for it and a gas can, its in a camo cover
Since flatbed I made a compartment with a slide for it and a t-handle lock like my side boxes, gas still goes on rear platform

Mike3
Explorer
Explorer
nice setup Reddog1, did you make that?
2017 Entegra Anthem
2013 Honda CRV Toad

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Generator rides in the TC on the floor next to the cabover step and the fuel can rides in what would have been the propane genset compartment (nicely vented)
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Behind my seat (crew cab)
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carry my extra fuel in the wheel well. The genset sits next to the rear door on a similar rack as above.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gas above the Honda. Both out of harms way. I start and run the Honda in its mount. I refuel with fuel and Honda in place.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke