cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The end for me

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Lost my husband three weeks ago and just can't deal with camping alone. He was the pilot me the navigator. It's all for sale now. We had a good run, 49 years.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies
37 REPLIES 37

Dave_Pete
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ahhh trailgranny. I'm so sorry. Big changes and difficulties losing that one you hang with!

I've been wondering about you lately. Our best. Yeah, lwiddis good advice. Make the changes you must but go slow on those that aren't necessary in this moment.

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Cheryl,

Not quite sure what to say right now, but the wife and I sure feel your pain with the loss of your husband, Jim. I haven't been on this Forum for quite awhile but when I opened it up and saw your post about Jim, I couldn't believe it. It seems like only yesterday when we last saw you and Jim together at your house. You and the wife were preparing dinner while Jim and I were outside on the patio enjoying one of his drink specialties. He was a wonderful man and the wife and I are truly going to miss him. When we get down to your neck of the woods this summer we'll stop by to see you and take you out to dinner.

John, Phyliss and Mattie
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Powerdude
Explorer
Explorer
That sucks. Sorry for your loss.
2016 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.2L
2001 Lance 820

70GTO
Explorer
Explorer
So so sorry for your loss......there are just no words to take away the pain & sorrow. Lwiddis, gave some excellent advice "the same advice My 81 year old Mother was given in December of last year, when my father passed after 60 years of marriage". If you would like, I can send you a copy of an article written by a widow, who went through the same trying experience. If you are interested, just drop me a note.
Take Care & God Bless, Bruce
Retirement Date: JANUARY, 01,2018
2018 Chevy Duramax/Allison Dually
2018 Northern Lite 10-2EXCD SE
5 out of 4 People have Trouble with Fractions !!!

WileePak
Explorer
Explorer
My condolences to you. One thing that my Grandma always told me & has stuck w/ me through time is to never make major decisions in the time of distress. Either way, my heart hurts and I pray that you will find some peace and laughter soon.

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Godspeed to you and your family.

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
My condolences, trailgranny.

I agree with whoever said to put off making major life decisions if and when you can, until some time goes by.

I hope you have tons of love and support in your life right now.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Every day is a new day, for everyone.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

run100
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss. He will always live-on in your memories of the wonderful times together. Share the stories with family & friends so they can cherish them too!
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

Bedlam
It's not end for you. It is the next phase of your life.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Our sympathy and condolences, Trailgranny. Can't imagine the pain, but hang on to the memories and take what comfort you can find from them. Thoughts are with you.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
We are so sorry for your loss. All the best to you and your family.

Tucker2
Explorer
Explorer
My heartfelt condolence and prayers to you and your family. I know your pain well. The memories are what I have.... they make me smile. God bless.

wyocowboy00
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our deepest sympathies & prayers are with you. You sound like a strong person with a sharp mind. We wish you the best.
2012 Chev. Silverado 3500HD DRW 4 X 4
2013 Arctic Fox 992 240 watts solar
Jerry & Judy