cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The View from Your Trailer -- let's see 'em!

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
There used to be a thread on the truck camper forum -- "A Camper with a View" or something like that. It would be great if us TT folks could have our own version of that. The rule was that the photo had to include a portion of the door frame or window frame, so that it was clear that the photo was taken from the trailer itself.

(Feel free to break that rule, since there is no way of enforcing it. And who needs rules, anyways? Also, I admit this is asking a lot -- how are you going to produce new photos taken from your trailer, when camping season is at an end? Maybe we will get more participation next summer . . . . )

Anyway, I'll start the game: We got back a few weeks ago from a month of (mostly) boondocking and dry camping in Utah's Uintas, Idaho's Boulder Mtns. and the Salmon Valley/Sawtooths, Nevada's Great Basin National Park, and the Eastern Sierra. I am still struggling with my blog entries for each of those places. But here are my "door shots" from that trip.

This is not far from Washington Lake, Utah. Those are Bald Mtn. and Reid's Peak, each about 12,000 feet. We were camped at 10,000 feet:

Click For Full-Size Image.

This is in the Boulder Mountains of Idaho, north of Ketchum, just after a dusting of snow:

This is in the Salmon River Valley of Idaho, south of Stanley -- that's the Galena Summit area in the background:

This is the sunrise on the Sierra at Onion Valley Campground, near Independence, Calif.:

OK, now it's your turn!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
97 REPLIES 97

justafordguy
Explorer
Explorer
xteacher wrote:
St. Andrew's State Park
Panama City Beach, FL
Sunset over St. Andrew's Bay

The yappers checking things out

Daytime view from the camper

LOVE it!, Panama City Beach is an awesome place.

We are going to Destin Beach end of next week. :C
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
2017 F350 CCLB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
77 Bronco, 302,C4,PS,PB,A/C,33" KM2s,D44/Lock-Right,9"/Grizzly locker

sunshdw
Explorer
Explorer
Great thread!!
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel Bighorn
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
forum image hosting

Lost Dutchman State Park, AZ, this morning

Midnightpumpkin
Explorer
Explorer
Straits State Park, St. Ignace, Michigan

Night view

Midnight pumpkin

2014 Silverado 2500 Crew cab, regular bed, 4:10 gears, 6 spd, 6.0L Gas
Integrated Brake Controler
Reese Dual Cam HP

2007 Rockwood 8315SS Travel Trailer
Loaded Weights:
Trailer Axles 6640#, Hitch Wt 920#
Combined Gross Wt, no passengers, 13,855#

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
St. Andrew's State Park
Panama City Beach, FL
Sunset over St. Andrew's Bay

The yappers checking things out

Daytime view from the camper
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II

Chain o' Lakes SP, Spring Grove IL - Fox Den CG
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II

Tom Sawyer's RV Park, West Memphis AR: from our old camper; note barge & tow on the river, seen thru the screen door
2020 Lance 2375

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to say that all of these great photos make me want to pack up and hit the road again -- keep 'em coming!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II

Boardman Marina RV Park, Boardman OR - the Columbia River behind our site
2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II

Salmon Lake SP, Montana
2020 Lance 2375

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
Many Glacier Campground, Glacier NP.

Caught a glimpse of a moose walking down the Swiftcurrent Creek directly behind my site.
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Add me to the list of those who've just now figured out how to post pics........ But here is my offering, from Tioga County, PA.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
IBcarguy wrote:
qtla9111 wrote:
Mazatlan, Sinaloa Mexico on the Isla de Piedra.

This place looks awesome! I goggled it and came up with their website and got a lot of great info. I'm trying to plan a extended trip to Mexico next year and this looks like my kind of place! I live in northern CA so the only draw back is that it's a long haul down there. Looks like 3 long days of driving each way. That would burn up a lot of vacation time just on the road. Sure looks like a great place to stay.

There are lots of good stops along the way that would make it an easy trip or maybe not go that far. Baja California is another great option. We like Loreto on the Sea of Cortez. Even just south of Ensenada is good.

La Isla de Piedra has a great paved road now which makes it quick. The rv park is standard but as you can see, the views are incredible. Just a lot of fun to wake up in the mornings and be at the beach. You can take the lancha (boat) to the city of Mazatlan for a few cents and have the best of both worlds.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
beach 3 by , on Flickr

Edisto Beach, SC.. Feb 2016. standing at the doorway.
I understand most of this area is gone from hurricane.

out the window

beach 6 by , on Flickr

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
Mazatlan, Sinaloa Mexico on the Isla de Piedra.

This place looks awesome! I goggled it and came up with their website and got a lot of great info. I'm trying to plan a extended trip to Mexico next year and this looks like my kind of place! I live in northern CA so the only draw back is that it's a long haul down there. Looks like 3 long days of driving each way. That would burn up a lot of vacation time just on the road. Sure looks like a great place to stay.