cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The View

specta
Explorer
Explorer

From inside a regular cab pickup carrying n extended cabover camper with a N/S facing queen size bed.

The camper literally obstructs nothing except sunlight. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
14 REPLIES 14

specta
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:
People do see what they want to see... and I choose to not View.

...but if I did, my opinion is that I would want to see 40-45% of the Abbey Huntsman scenery and the other 55-60% of Elizabeth Hasselbeck... either way, that is 100% pretty good scenery.

FYI as a CYA, I did not have a TV in my TC nor a TV pulling my TC, is that OK?

LMKWYT,
LOL.

I've had the privilege of meeting and talking with Abby Huntsman's late grandfather Jon Huntsman SR, the founder of the Huntsman Cancer Institute.

He was the epitome of a true gentleman.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Just posting an example of how bad the view is from my front seat. ๐Ÿ˜‰

That's Big Rock Candy Mountain, about 12 miles from home.

It takes a genius to figure out that the bigger the windshield the broader the view.

Pick your poison, a Class A would be my last choice for an RV.

The view from inside a Hino is nice too. They have HUGE windshields. I always thought it was like going to an IMAX theater.

It almost looks like my Skyline Week Ender extended further than my Lance does but I'm quite sure they're the same. Maybe I'll measure them when I get back home.

One time while driving through the Ave of the Giants in CA I did feel the extended cabover cut down on my view. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I'd never own an extended cab or a crew cab pickup. There are not a lot of nice used campers out there for regular cab trucks, nor are there a lot of newer used regular cab pickups. LOL

Like most of you, I love my setup.

I figured some of you would like the topic. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kenny

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
d3500ram wrote:

...but if I did, my opinion is that I would want to see 40-45% of the Abbey Huntsman scenery and the other 55-60% of Elizabeth Hasselbeck... either way, that is 100% pretty good scenery.

LMKWYT,
LOL.

Like button! And more interesting than arguing about the view out of a windshieldโ€ฆ
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III

LMKWYT,
LOL.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
specta wrote:
From inside a regular cab pickup carrying n extended cabover camper with a N/S facing queen size bed.

The camper literally obstructs nothing except sunlight. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Looks like some spectacular views! Your windshield seems to stay cleaner too.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree the Class A windshields are much wider and taller, so the view is better. That picture doesnโ€™t show how big they are since it is only a fraction of the windshield.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Yeah, I thought the liberal crones were doing a segment on RVing. I hesitated before opening the thread.

But yeah, nice photos and I never really bought into the MH idea that you could see so much more.

You might be hearing from several more Class A owners, but "yes you can" see a lot more through the windshield of a Class A. Every type of RV, or RV setup, has its place, and its fans, but for me, there's nothing like the wide-open unobstructed view seen through the windshield of a Class A. There, just my opinion.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:
Whew! Nice images...

... for a moment I thought it was going to be a picture of Joy and Whoopie and did not want to upset my lunch

LOL....that was my first thought too and I had a great lunch that I wanted to stay put!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Yeah, I thought the liberal crones were doing a segment on RVing. I hesitated before opening the thread.

But yeah, nice photos and I never really bought into the MH idea that you could see so much more.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
d3500ram wrote:
Whew! Nice images...

... for a moment I thought it was going to be a picture of Joy and Whoopie and did not want to upset my lunch

Well said and good for you sport. Happy Trails

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:
Whew!

:B :B

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, most definitely.

Where is it? I see no fires nor mudslides... so it 'aint Colorado.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:
Whew! Nice images...

Way better "View", isn't it. :B
Kenny

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whew! Nice images...