Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about selling our TT..

LinkedXJ
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah...

Thinking about posting our TT up for sale.
We have kind of lost our steam you could say..

First time camper owners the middle of this past summer.
First camper, we owned it for about 3 months before selling it.
Bought a 97 i think, jayco designer. 30 footer, bumper pull.
Bought from the original owners.. Its in pristine condition for the most part.
This thing is everything we wanted minus about 7ft in length.

We have 3 dogs, we gave up our permanent/seasonal spot.
So now the trailer is winterized/parked in my Dad's backyard.

I just dont think we are going to get to use it much this coming up year.
With 3 dogs, it'll be a hassle. Loading up and towing it someplace for the weekend or a night.

We've tossed around the idea of getting another seasonal spot and
parking it, but im not sure...

Im just loosing interest altogether.

We're young, im 26, she's 29..We have many years ahead of us to
find another camper of our dreams.

Anyone else ever felt the same way during "off season"?
30 REPLIES 30

PapaNIes60
Explorer
Explorer
Hey if you want to move on then sell it. Don't let it sit unused with the thought that you might change your mind again someday. RV's take a lot of TLC. Using one is hard on them but not using them for long periods of time is even harder on them. Sell while it's value is higher. But you might wait until spring when the market for RV's warms up!

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
We got into RVing so we could travel and see new places on our schedule. I know a lot of people have seasonal sites and if rushing up to the site on weekends to mow the grass and relax is your thing then so be it. At your young age I would think saving for your future and a couple of weeks vacation will have to be enough. When you get a little older, 20 years from now, maybe take another look at an RV and see if you still miss it. Good luck.

silverfz
Explorer
Explorer
RV is just an activity . Sometime things change and we move on. At 27 I gave up motorcycles. Was marries , wife got pregnant.she sold hers and I sold mine. Last 3 months .i still ride .not a lot as we have 6 months of riding time bur with a 4 and 8 yr old.i ride maybe 5-6k a year.my wife has moved to camping. For now we are happy In a few years we will move on for sure.

Life is too short to not change things and have fun
2014 avenger 28 bhs
2008 Toyota tundra crew max
guarded by bear the mini dashound
running from payload police edition

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
RVing certainly is not for everyone. Pulling one of these barns down the road, driving 60 mph and stopping every 250 miles or so takes a certain mind set.

We came to RVing from years of canoe camping and Colonial reenactment. And, we came with a purpose; which was to tour the country after retirement.

We rented a TT and toured the Ozarks for 10 days and decided it would fit our future travel plans.

You are young and probably limited in your available vacation time so the RV pace may not fit your needs. Our days of 15 hour drives to the vacation destinations are long behind us.

You know what the RV life is about, there is no reason not to try other outlets. There are plenty of cabins, cruise ships, bus tours, resorts or a simple tent.

Each of these has its own advantages and disadvantages. RVing will still be here if you need it.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
We've tried to quit more than once. Now we have two campers - one we keep down where our handicapped son lives and one we use for camping trips. It's like an addiction... But - it's not for everyone.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
LinkedXJ wrote:
...I bought it, and it was a nitemare.

That is the beauty of traveling from location to location. If the neighbors are awful, or the manager is horrible, or if the campground is less than desirable, just a little time later, you're on the road again, heading to a new destination. The scenery is always changing at my front door. Keeps camping interesting, and experiences new.

LinkedXJ
Explorer
Explorer
Its the fever thing..

This is how we got started..

When i was about...10 years old. So quite some time ago.
My parents had bought a mobile home that was in a camp ground.
There are other trailers there also, and campers.
This trailer was on one of the major lakes here in Illinois.
About a 45-50 minute drive from home..
eventually, i grew and it was just my fiance and i visiting the place each weekend.

One day my wonderful Mother tells me they are selling the place.. and about 5 days later its gone.
We had no time to gather any cash or to even discuss that my Fiance and I
wanted the place..

So it was gone, awesome spot, great trailer, on the water, all gone.
Ever since then my Fiance and I had constantly told our selves we would
be back.. we'd find our own place..

Well, one day, here we go.. We are on craigslist and find a camper on the
other side of the lake. Turn key with a golfcart, set up on a campsite
and "good" to go.

I bought it, and it was a nitemare.
So 3 months later, i found another camper in excellent condition and had to have it.

We gave up our camp site due to the guy running the place is a complete a-hole.

Now, here we are, or me.. here i am..Wondering what we will do next season.
How often will we use the thing.. On and on..

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
We went through a phase like that too. Got to be too much of a hassle, kids in school, work, weekends not long enough, etc. Gave it up for several years. Got back into it when some friends bought a tt and we started going with them. They've moved away, but we can't wait for the next trip. Planning trips for next year, and hope to full time in a couple of years. Do what works for you; whatever makes you happy. You can always change your mind.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I find it just the opposite. We had a seasonal for a year. I hated going there, cleaning up, cutting grass and raking leaves. I much prefer weekends at different places than just staying in one place. And we have done this since my kids were a year old! And with a 100lb German shepherd.

It's all in how you look at it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mikebte
Explorer
Explorer
Felt way about my Motorcycle. Sold it.
Years late I got the Itch and purchased another. Sold it.
Switched to Rving. More people I can enjoy it with and not just stuck being the 2 of us.

I will most likely get another and sell it before all is said and done.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say I have felt that way about our RV (and we do mostly weekend trips with our 3 weimaraners).

But I did feel that way about my sports car last winter. Actually found something else and I drove the car out to trade it in. Went for a final test drive of the new to be car and didn't even get out of the driveway when I turned to the salesman and told him it was a waste of time and I couldn't bring myself to trade.

That's a long way of saying wait until spring to decide. Maybe after one trip you will feel different. And if not, you can sell in spring when there are more buyers and the prices are higher.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Sell it and move on. From my reading of your post you not real die hard RVers. But rather you got cought up in the mystique. Maybe sometime in the future you might decide RVing is the right thing for you, but not now.

Agree...really doesn't sound like you have the, "fever."
Happened to us way back when with boats.
The longer it sits out in the back yard, unused, and un-maintained, the less it will be worth.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
It's not for everybody. And it's not as 'easy' as some think it is either. Regardless of age or experience, it still takes an effort to RV. When interests change and the effort is more than one wants, it's time to move on to something different.

Many, many years ago (I was a young teen ager) I knew this couple (married, about 10 years older than me. They jumped from hobby to hobby and burned out each time. I could hardly keep up with their changing interests. They went from RC airplanes and helicopters, to photography, to exercise equipment, to becoming landlords (which didn't work out very well), to ancient satellite television, their first Tandy (Radio Shack) computer, which fizzled out after 2 weeks, motorcycles, nudist resort (sorry, I didn't go along with them to the resort), wine making, oh my goodness, the list goes on and on. I don't think they ever did find something that they settled into that brought them real satisfaction and contentment. The only thing that remained constant with (him), he was a very good "Jack of all trades". He was pretty skilled at home repairs to auto repairs. Eventually, (after his wife died and he remarried), he opened a self-employed business, a Mr. Fix-it, and contracted with a couple apartment complexes and has been pretty happy ever since. I think he finally found that "nitch". But I haven't seen him in years and years now.

So ya know, it's OK if the "passion" is just not there for RVing. It really is not for everyone. At least you recognize that now. But word of advise, you don't have to apologize to anyone for loosing interest. Times just change, people's interest change, and sometimes "things" change us.

Good luck!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sell it and move on. From my reading of your post you not real die hard RVers. But rather you got cought up in the mystique. Maybe sometime in the future you might decide RVing is the right thing for you, but not now.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, over winter I plan where I'm going (with my 3 Collies) the next summer.

I do have a seasonal spot but like to travel as well. I keep a pontoon boat and will have a UTV at the seasonal spot.

The only thing I load up is food, everything else is already in the RV.