cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those with dogs

davisenvy
Explorer
Explorer
Those that camp with dogs that allow them to pee/poo behind my camp site and bark at 6am. Please forgive me if I relieve myself behind your campsite and blair my music all night. $100/night doesn't weed out the inconsiderate ones evidently. Sorry for the rant. I try hard to respect others, especially while camping.:(
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT,4x4,Crew, Duramax EFI Live
2013 StarCraft Autumn Ridge
31 REPLIES 31

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
As a dog owner, I feel the same way. If you can't clean up after your pets, you shouldn't bring them. If your dogs are so traumatized by camping that they have to bark incessantly, you shouldn't bring them.

I clean up after my dogs and try to keep them from barking too much. Other dogs walking too close will set them off. Kids racing by too close will set them off. We usually quiet them down pretty quickly and get on with our day.

Inconsiderate people abound (see the thread about dumping techniques...). I try my best to keep my furry friends within social norms!

x2

we always clean up after our dogs #2s, but not much to be done about peeing. I would never walk thru someone's site by myself, let alone with dogs.
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
I always clean up after my pets but there are inconsiderate people out there...see the holier than thou post above, for example.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
As a dog owner, I feel the same way. If you can't clean up after your pets, you shouldn't bring them. If your dogs are so traumatized by camping that they have to bark incessantly, you shouldn't bring them.

I clean up after my dogs and try to keep them from barking too much. Other dogs walking too close will set them off. Kids racing by too close will set them off. We usually quiet them down pretty quickly and get on with our day.

Inconsiderate people abound (see the thread about dumping techniques...). I try my best to keep my furry friends within social norms!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Bet ole Davisenvy didn't realize it was all their fault when they started this thread. Thankfully, the views expressed on this thread, and in these forums in general, are not the prevailing views and attitudes of the General RVing public. Contrary to what one would believe reading this thread, RVers are not a bunch of self centered, boorish arses whose only concerns are doing whatever they want, and damn the rest of us.
And Davisenvy, you can take this to the bank, there are many parks, many park owners and many park managers who actively work to avoid the situation you found yourself in. Report what happened to the proper people, and a good park will try and do everything it can to make sure your experience was a one time experience. There is no excuse whatsoever for people to be walking their dogs in your site, allowing them to do their business and then acting like it's your fault.

doxiluvr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a small dog (mini-dachshund) Andwho occasionally will bark if another dog barks at her. Otherwise she ignores them. I do walk her to pee and poop and ALWAYS carry a poop bag that I buy at Walmart (nice and small) and she is always with us. We try always to be considerate of other campers and especially the ones we are parked next to. The park we are in now has a little dog park but I do not take her there and sometimes the people with big dogs go there and do not bother to pick up their "gifts" to mother nature. Also where we are there is a rule of no dogs on grass, so we obey that rule. I occasionally have offered poop bags to people who "forget" theres if I see them and their dogs have an "accident." It all boils down to having respect for the campground, the people who manage/own it and for your neighbors. Dogs need to be controlled and trained.....or leave them at home with someone. And as a last word....make sure they are on a leash at all times.
2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 ChiWeenie - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 2 great-grandchildren
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
I use a sonic sound generator at the campsite. It helps keep the wildlife away from the trailer giving the dogs less to bark at and keeps the dogs from wandering into the campsite to do their business. Pass that dogs don't usually make much noise anyway and when they do, I just remember, I didn't come camping to sleep in all day.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
On a related topic how do dogs know that there is a Dog Walking area set aside in many campgrounds? Can they read the signs? Do they know enough not to do their job B4 they get to the specified area? In other words, what good is a dog walking area?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you complained to the campground management, all the ranting in the world here may make you feel better, but is worthless when it comes to solving the problem.

Sorry you had the bad experience, now let's do something about it.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
I'd much rather put up with dogs or any animals' behavior than put up with howling drunks peeing all over the campsites. 😞

6:00am? I am already on my second cup of coffee. Dawn is the best time of the day. However, we are considerate of others at that time of the morning, unless the neighbors were the ones howling all night. 😉

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll keep my dog from peeing behind your trailer, IF, and only if, YOU keep your campfire smoke from coming into my camp site....thanks...rant over..:W..Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
davisenvy wrote:
Those that camp with dogs that allow them to pee/poo behind my camp site and bark at 6am. Please forgive me if I relieve myself behind your campsite and blair my music all night. $100/night doesn't weed out the inconsiderate ones evidently. Sorry for the rant. I try hard to respect others, especially while camping.:(

=========================

Don't let those small things ruin your camping experience. Enjoy the outdoors the people and the sights. Life is too short to worry about POOP...:B

X2

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
davisenvy wrote:

=========================

Don't let those small things ruin your camping experience. Enjoy the outdoors the people and the sights. Life is too short to worry about POOP...:B
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
I notice the loudest barker are alway the tiny dogs.

Yeah i have a "big dog" 105 lbs very seldom barks on the campsite.

and i pick up his piles.... but he can't pee in a Cup...

People that camp without a dog.......you're not a real camper
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
If you rent a site by the month, you can get the same thing for
$10 a nite. Use the other $90 to stay drunk and you won't notice any of the wee wittle doggies, everyone thinks you wuv.

I would rather have the dogies.......cowpatties preferable.

Get along little dogie, get along,,,,,or is it get a log little doggie.

It's everywhere!,,,,
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Are you saying you don't want to park beside me when I bring my six pet cows to the CG?
They don't bark and it's easy to see where not to step. 🙂