cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TR: Anza Borrego XTC Training Session with Alex

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had the great pleasure of meeting Alex (c.traveler2) and Julie this weekend in an short but sweet Anza Borrego adventure. It was his first adventure to Anza borrego and I wanted to show him around. Actually it was more of Alex showing me how its done XTC style.

we were to meet in Blair Valley, and a few truck campers kept coming by which I thought was Alex
Not this one, I think he has a hardside lance

This was a hardside but not a Lance

Here was a hardside lance but didn't look like his truck

I think this is his rig ๐Ÿ™‚

Our 2 rigs saying hello

We headed off through Blair Valley to check out some of the Jet Crash sites around

we headed off to try and find the two jet crashes

Jet engine half burried

some of the wreckage

the landing gear, I guess they had a tire blow while trying to land

Brett found the wing

We headed into Oriflame Canyon and I got some XTC pointers from the Pro

we set up camp amongs the cottonwoods

I couldn't believe the canyon was bone dry, this is usually flowing pretty good...

some of the blooms

Alex and his rig

What a great trip! Alex, gave me so many good pointers on how to better equip my rig to handle the off road extremes. He even gave me a good pointer on how to replace my fresh water tank filler cap

Alex in Action Video Clicky

Thanks Alex, what a great trip, let me know when you are in the area again:)
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads
14 REPLIES 14

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
RZAR66 wrote:
I don't know about these crash sites but there are crash sites where Air Force, Marine, and Navy pilots have lost their lives during training missions. My nephew who is in the AF lost two of his friends in a night training crash a couple years ago. Just wanted visitors to be aware and respectful.

That's a very good point. But on the flipside, it's to bad the military isn't respectful enough to clean up those crash sites.

Some crash sites, the pilot / pilots are unrecoverable making them a grave site or memorial.

I would hope that in these cases a memorial plaque would be posted to make folks aware of this. Might not be the case though or, worse, someone may have removed the plaque.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad III
Nomad III
RZAR66 wrote:
I don't know about these crash sites but there are crash sites where Air Force, Marine, and Navy pilots have lost their lives during training missions. My nephew who is in the AF lost two of his friends in a night training crash a couple years ago. Just wanted visitors to be aware and respectful.

That's a very good point. But on the flipside, it's to bad the military isn't respectful enough to clean up those crash sites.

Some crash sites, the pilot / pilots are unrecoverable making them a grave site or memorial.

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks c.traveler2.

I started a new topic on this so as not to hijack this thread.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
The Mad Norsky wrote:
I don't know so might as well ask.

Being relatively new to truck camping, I noted in the video where the tie downs were loosened while on the rough stretch of trail.

I've read others doing this, recalling Jefe4X4 mentioned this in a post.

Is there any particular rule of thumb, so to speak, where a person should do this?

Speed limit while loosened?? Common sense of course, but is there one?????

Any other factors to be considered when running tie downs loosened for trail purposes???

Unfortunately there's no set rules regarding "how loose can they be", you simply have to experiment till you find what's work with your rig, even a change in suspension can change how you adjust your tie-downs.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted post. Figured it would hijack the thread. Not right thing to do.
RV'ing since 1991

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer

2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Neat. Absolutely neat!

Loved the video too.

Well done to all!
RV'ing since 1991

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad III
Nomad III

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
Cool TR. I did not know there were crash sites out there. I will have to go check it out in the near future.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
It was our pleasure to meet with Nolan (anutami) and his family, he showed us a few sights including two cash sites. Oriflamme Canyon campsite was gorgeous, it was too bad no water was flowing in the creek, it was drier than a empty JD bottle.

Leaving Oriflamme Canyon,click on photo

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for jet wreckage? That's just plane crazy but looks like a good fun trip from the jet set, thanks Nolan and Alex.

trackhead
Explorer
Explorer
Cool. I will be there Wednesday.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Nice TR. thanks for sharing your adventure.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
Thanks for sharing again anutami!
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded