cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel When Restrictions lifted

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
If your state is like mine, we have not been able to get out and RV yet, and I have cancelled one trip so far this year. I am in hopes things will open this summer so I can back out there. My hope is to go to Assateague Island in MD. at the end of June. What about you? Where is the first place everyone is going to head in the RV once the restrictions are lifted?
92 REPLIES 92

HappyCampers3
Explorer
Explorer
Just received an email yesterday about our May camping trip to a Pa State Park. Were to go in on 21 May leaving on the 25th. Canceled our arrival date of 21 May not sure about the rest of the stay. Will be updated as information becomes available. But not really counting on it to be opened by then. Crazy numbers of new cases around here.
Three Happy Campers
2 Camping Cats
2004 Chevy 2500HD CC LB
2005 Holiday Rambler 30SKS

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just found out that the CoE is planning to have our campground open on the 20th and our reservation starts on the 22nd so looks like we're good to go. The only contact we'll have to have during the trip is a gas pump once and touching the dump flapper which always requires gloves anyways so I can't see how it ever represented a danger.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

ER_Alaska
Explorer
Explorer
Anywhere! Wife and I pulled our travel trailer from AK to western NC a year ago when we moved to Asheville. Been working on the house since then but need to explore the Lower 48 and haven't been able to to so yet. Just ordered a replacement awning canopy, so am working on getting ready for our adventures.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
ford truck guy wrote:
MKirkland wrote:
First trip is supposed to be May 7th about 30 miles from home. The idea was to go to a State Park to see if we thought of everything. However our Governor decided as of May 5th that camping was not going to be allowed. Day use is ok for the park. I'm having trouble understanding how the two of us in a camping spot would be a problem with the virus when hordes of people will be at the beach and boat launch for opening day fishing. I guess this is why I don't make the big bucks.

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS -

I have been wondering about this also, why would they not allow it when words of folks can walk all around the same area??

I can only think that they feel that IF they open the campgrounds then they have to put employees in direct contact with the public,?.?.? check in, camp host, restrooms, etc . . . . .

But thats only a guess

The last few Texas state parks where I camped in April I never saw the people in the office. I reserved and checked in online. No contact at all. Still Texas bailed out and jumped on the close your campground bandwagon. My only guess is the governor wants to be able to say "Look at all I did to save lives. I even closed the campgrounds."
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

MKirkland wrote:
First trip is supposed to be May 7th about 30 miles from home. The idea was to go to a State Park to see if we thought of everything. However our Governor decided as of May 5th that camping was not going to be allowed. Day use is ok for the park. I'm having trouble understanding how the two of us in a camping spot would be a problem with the virus when hordes of people will be at the beach and boat launch for opening day fishing. I guess this is why I don't make the big bucks.

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS -

I have been wondering about this also, why would they not allow it when words of folks can walk all around the same area??

I can only think that they feel that IF they open the campgrounds then they have to put employees in direct contact with the public,?.?.? check in, camp host, restrooms, etc . . . . .

But thats only a guess
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Cape Lookout tent camping on beach
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've got reservations for Memorial day weekend, the weekend of the 4th, Labor Day weekend and 2 weeks at Xmas in the Keys. We were also going to spend 2 weeks in Hawaii for our 20th but that's off the table so I'm going to figure out an RV trip for 2 weeks. Perhaps back to the Black Hills or Smokey Mountains.

The big question for me right now is if the Corps will have the campground open by Memorial Day.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
Camping when the travel restrictions are lifted:

That is funny!

And a little sad... but also will be good when the roads are crowded again.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I usually stay close to home anyway. I was thinking about venturing out a little further this summer. I am not going to to do that now.

To many people drive clear across the country to have fun when they don't realize that there is a lot to see and do close to their home.

This is a very good year to stay close to home !

Check out you local state and area. You don't know what you have been missing !!

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I'm finishing 30 days in lockdown in Georgetown Texas and I'm going to chase cooler weather north into the mountains of Arkansas. Oklahoma is one of the few states with state parks still open. I supposed they would be full or getting full. I plan to pass through Oklahoma with an ultimate destination of Fayetteville, Arkansas where I plan to find an RV park for another 30 days.

So I planned out some target state parks in Oklahoma that have some nice activities. Besides hiking, some golf, disc golf, and even a waterfall. My dates includes 2 Fridays and a Saturday. Every one of the 4 parks I picked has oodles of RV spaces available. I made my reservations so I'm all set unless Oklahoma shuts down, which I don't think will happen in the next 2 weeks.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Next fall we plan on heading south from the PNW. I heard UV light kills the virus. It's usually partly cloudy in the PNW in the fall. Plus it's much warmer in the south.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camping when the travel restrictions are lifted:

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
Anywhere but home.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
routeforty wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
routeforty wrote:
Had planned a New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland trip for May-June, but that may be too early after they are lifted. Possibly, hope not, they could start again(Lockdowns) and I don't want to get caught in another country. Maybe will do that this fall. Probably do the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Sorry, non essential travel from US into Canada such as a vacation is banned by the Canadian government.
I know, that's why I wrote "after they are lifted"

I thought you just meant when Trump lifted restrictions.