cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT Tire Recommendation

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
Had a blowout coming home last month and now have no confidence in the OEM "Trailer King" tires so getting ready to purchase new tires for my TT. Was going to purchase the Goodyear Endurance but now won't buy anything from GY. Looking at the Carlisle HD, which I've had before and had no problems. Anyone have any other recommendations before I pull the plug.Thanks....
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch
29 REPLIES 29

morley
Explorer
Explorer
While not wanting to get into a debate about North American versus China manufactured tires, I just want to comment that while travelling in Utah in 2012 We had to purchase 2 new tires for our unit. We were in a very small town and the tire place offered us 2 Crosswind Tires (made by LingLong in Thailand) The tires were L780 12 ply and again while I understand the many things that affect tire life longevity they are still on the trailer some 15000 plus miles later and still running well. No endorsement just a comment. Good luck with your tire search. The Crosswinds are paired with 2 Maxxis which are also performing well.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I don't suppose Michelin's would fit but I like my XPS ribs. Someday hope to go camping again.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
twodownzero wrote:
Goodyears or use truck tires that are made in USA. My choice is Goodyears.

Ditto. I have two sets of Goodyear Endurance tires.

Here's a comparison video I did when I installed them on my 20' cargo trailer.

Another video when I installed a set on a smaller cargo trailer.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
Goodyears or use truck tires that are made in USA. My choice is Goodyears.

jotityra
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced my 6 year old trailer kings with carlisle radial trail HD they look to be a well made tire. I have read that they are better than they used to be. We buy them at work for our trailers and have not had an issue with them. I just installed them today and have not driven any where on them but they are D rated instead of my old tires which were C. I was looking at the Goodyear tires but did not want to spend the extra 30+ per tire but now I wish I would have.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH. Towing with a 2020 F150 supercrew 4x4 with a 5.0L V8 and 3.55 rear end

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Tdog wrote:
And no Carlisle tires have not gotten better. I know from experience.

Carlisle makes about four different line of ST tires. So which line did you have issues with.
Carlisle deservedly had a bad rap for shoddy cheap tires several years back but like Goodyear their newest line was a big improvement. Thanks
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
The Carlisle HD tired have worked well for me. Goodyear will never see a dollar from me since I support Law Enforcement Officers
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
scbwr: Thanks, I forgot about the Maxxis tire line, I'll look in to them.
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I put on one Sailun on the fifth-wheel in 2015 (to replace a LT blowout). Finally retired it (tread getting thin) last year. Starting using Carlisle ST (load range F) tires in 2016. I have had no problem of any kind with either of those brands. I am now using four new Carlisles. (We average about 8,000 miles per year towing.)

I previously used LT tires and had three blowouts with them, so I am not in the "ST tires are no good" camp.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
My next trailer tires will be Goodyears.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maxxis tires worked well for me when I had pop-up trailers and then two travel trailers. I haven't followed any recent reviews of them but would suggest that you do.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I understand Carlisles are made in the USA (Tennessee) but I know nothing else for sure about them. I heard they were bad years ago and have gotten better but I have no experience with them.

ranholago
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, would NOT buy GY
What I did do about 5 years ago was to buy trailer tires from Sams Club, they were (and im not sure about the exact name) but they were called green ball or something like that. Any way its the trailer tire that Sams carried, they have been on the trailer for at least 5 years and I have not had one issue with them. I didn't buy them at the time because they were the best, I got them because they were easily available and they were very reasonably priced.... and now I can say they have lasted with out issue of any kind. I have had good luck with them.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
TT Tire Recommendation

Well..... TTs have 13"/14"/15"/16" and a few with a few at 17.5" wheels.....and load range C/D/E/F/G.
For a good recommendation for your trailer we need the trailers OEM tire and wheel sizes. Makes a huge difference.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Many people like Sailun tires and the Carlisle HD tires. I don't have any personal experience with either of them though.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.