Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ultra light TT

popere
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone,
We just sold our hybrid and are wanting to move in to a TT. Was hoping to hear some manufacturers/models that we should look at.

We have a Dodge Ram 1500 and will be looking at 21 to 23 foot trailers, depending on weight.

Thanks in Advance

randy
28 REPLIES 28

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
Check out chalet takena we're happy with ours
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on the Rockwood Mini Lite line. Some nice trailers. Have had 2 Rockwoods and very pleased with both. BTW, Rockwood and Shamrock are the same, just different exterior decals and possibly fabrics. Made on the same assy line.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I were to buy a smaller trailer than I have now for getting into more places, the Lance travel trailer would be my first choice. The Lance pickup campers I've owned were top stuff. Never an issue. Jayco would be my second choice.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Rhino_2104S
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Colorado and just purchased a 2016 Rockwood Mini lite 2104s ($19 K) from a Dealer in Sydney, Nebraska. We picked it up with our 2014 f150 last saturday and brought it home...It's Wonderful!!!. The big seller for our 22' camper is the Bedroom area, where as in the middle of the night we can each get in and out of our new queen bed without waking the other, as you have a isle on each side to walk in...Love it...We have 6 different campgrounds reserved for this summer, can't wait to get started.

Rhino_2104S
Explorer
Explorer
webwrangler wrote:
We like our Rockwood 2104, but it appears they no longer make them. Rockwood does have a "mini-lite" 2304 that might fit the bill.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=204&Image=5058&ModelID=909#Main

Hello, Rockwood does make the Mini lite 2104 S for 2015, here's a link, im thinking of getting a 2014, they want 19K, does that sound fair ? it's fully loaded.
http://www.wanarv.com/rv/detail.cfm?id=1197

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
CKNSLS wrote:
GaryWT wrote:
We like the Bullet and Premier Bullet line. And yes, for a 35 foot trailer, 6,000 lbs dry is light.

He probably has 800 pounds of payload in his truck. If that's the case both of the trailers you guys have are too heavy.

"We have a Dodge Ram 1500 and will be looking at 21 to 23 foot trailers, depending on weight."

I know he does not want mine but Bullet and Premier make shorter trailers. The one I have is listed as tea light at 6,400 pounds dry but it is 35 feet, not what the OP is looking for .
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
23 foot hybrid nabs a couch, vertical wards, large kitchen, u dinette and exterior storage. Enclosed 21 to 23 tt no vertical wards, no couch, no tv tower,

My 21rbh hybrid bunkhouse has a bench, vertical ward, dinette, perpendicular rear bunks and two tent ends. Front and rear external storage and internal clothes storage cabinets.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Obviously your next choice in a TT is what โ€œyouโ€ what.

Overtime the DW and I developed our list of priorities;
โ€ข Minimal set up.
โ€ข Pantry and closets for clothes and food.
โ€ข In and out of bed without crawling over partner.
โ€ข Easy access to kitchen and bathroom when stopped.
This meant a hybrid or TT. We opted for a 25 ft. TT.

Even then we had to find a unit where the retracted slide did not block access to kitchen or bath.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
GaryWT wrote:
We like the Bullet and Premier Bullet line. And yes, for a 35 foot trailer, 6,000 lbs dry is light.

He probably has 800 pounds of payload in his truck. If that's the case both of the trailers you guys have are too heavy.

"We have a Dodge Ram 1500 and will be looking at 21 to 23 foot trailers, depending on weight."

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
audio1der wrote:
We LOVE our Passport Grand Touring ultra light 3220BH

6,000 pounds DRY is light?

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
nomad297 wrote:
Where is Woodglue?

Bruce

Probably got tired of being slammed every time she mentioned Lance.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
popere wrote:
Hello everyone,
We just sold our hybrid and are wanting to move in to a TT. Was hoping to hear some manufacturers/models that we should look at.

We have a Dodge Ram 1500 and will be looking at 21 to 23 foot trailers, depending on weight.

Thanks in Advance

randy

Why are you getting away from a hybrid? You are looking at small 21 to 23ft tt. That's a open bedroom, small kitchen/ dinette, and bath only.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
What other things do you think you will need? We have an Ameri-lite ultra lite and have used it here for four seasons with no issues. It wouldn't be much good for true winter season camping though.

Other things to think about is how you will be using it. The size of the tanks don't matter if you plan on having hook ups, but they sure make a difference when you dry camp or boondock. (lots of that here)
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator