cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Very small tt with lots of windows

realter
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a smaller, easy to pull travel trailer that's light and airy with lots of windows. Can you give me some suggestions. Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
realter wrote:
Hoping to get something under 4,000 lbs to pull with a Jeep Wrangler.

Look at Lil Snoozy, very light weight, and with the option to have 3 windows that take up about 75% of the outside walls. Only downside is if you're a boondocker the factory setup is all-electric. However several folks have had them leave things roughed in for gas appliances and then taken the trailer down the road from the factory and had a gas installer hook up their propane appliances.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Las_Vegas_Proud
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Pacific Coachworks Mighty Lite 20RLS. Has a lot of windows and an awesome back window. Love backing up at the lake and having the view from the dinette.

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
While I wouldn't say it has "a lot of windows", the ones it does have are very large, and occupy a high percentage of the trailer wall. They should be perfect for a wrangler tow rig.
IntechRV Max+ Microlite toy hauler
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Hoping to get something under 4,000 lbs to pull with a Jeep Wrangler.

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
I think the Lance 1575 has the best windows, the larger acrylic dual pane Dometic.
Gman
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Tom Trostel wrote:
Our 1980 17' Bigfoot has 7 windows that total 39.25 square feet (5652 sq. in.). That is not counting the frosted 12" x 20" window in the door.

Copy that. Our 25 ft. Bigfoot had many large windows and a skylight. The bright airy interior was one of its many virtues. Since it has no studs or wall framing I guess there aren't as many limitations to window size. The Bigfoot trailers have reflective coating (mirror like) instead of heavy tint so i think they let more light in. Some trailers are like caves.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Goo idea. I have a 21 footer with NOT enough windows.

It really is all about the floor plan.

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
normal_dave wrote:
Ok...
Airstream Basecamp

That's awesome, wished it had a separate toilet/shower. I hate when they are together as one like this. But other than that, I love it.

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
How small is small?

I bought a "small" toy hauler; During the day, the ramp is down and the whole
back of the RV is one big window. Obviously only work in good weather.
Gerry

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the small trailers that I looked at only had windows in three directions. One thing we like is the open airy dinette view in our Jayco 154BH. Jayco still has the front window with the fold down visor which allows a panoramic view while enjoying our morning coffee. It is not just square feet of windows, it is also about placement.

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
Ok...
Airstream Basecamp
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

bartlettj
Explorer
Explorer
One of our biggest disappointments in going from a popup to a TT was the major reduction in window area. There's nothing like zipping all of the windows open on a popup on a nice fair day and turning it into one giant screen room. This is part of the reason we want our next trailer to be a rear living room 5-er with glass on 3 sides.

Tom_Trostel
Explorer
Explorer
Our 1980 17' Bigfoot has 7 windows that total 39.25 square feet (5652 sq. in.). That is not counting the frosted 12" x 20" window in the door.