cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volunteering

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been a volunteering for many years with the USFS and have been involved with them as a back country ranger patrolling the USFS trail and wilderness areas out of Ft Collins, Co.
I finished up 12 years in this capacity some 4 years ago and have been looking for a worthwhile mission that I could get involved in and use my truck camper as my base traveling to wherever the volunteer work was located. After seeing a article on the evening news I decided to contact the Histori Corps. This is a volunteer organization whose members participate in restoring historic places.
They are a great group of dedicated people from all over the country and from all walks of life who's ambition is to volunteer their time to a worthwhile cause.
Here is their Web site if you are one of those type persons.
HistoriCorps
8 REPLIES 8

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
While the OP’s post is for volunteering for historical preservation opportunities, I would also remind others there is other sources for Volunteering. Plus they have RV sites for Truck Campers and other RVs! Many even have reimbursement for expenses. So if you are interested in working at a BLM site in Southern Utah or restoring 19th Century Buildings, as well as working in Visitor Centers in Grand Teton National Park and many other parks in this country, click on the following link;

Volunteering in America's National Parks BLM and so many more, CLICKY !!!!!

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

TCINTN
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your volunteering.

There is a need for volunteers after disasters such as in the Dallas area and those impacted by the flooding in the Mississippi River area.
We use our TC to live in when we go to these disasters because a lot of times there is no power for a time and when it is winter like Sandy,you need the heat at end of day.
You can always find organizations on the web
The group I work with we come from Kansas,Oregon,Kentucky,Indiana,and Tennessee.There is 9 of us.We have a toy hauler which has had the back area converted into kitchen we prepare meals for other volunteers and folks impacted by disaster.

Check it out,
"But if not"
"Nevertheless"

tmartin000
Explorer II
Explorer II
TurtleBax wrote:
Maybe you can post a few here.

Please do. 🙂
2001 Lance 835. SOLD
2009 Lance 1191. SOLD
2021 Lance 1172

TurtleBax
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you can post a few here.

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
jimh425 wrote:
Do they only allow people with truck campers?

No at many of the sites they provide lodging and they provide wonderful meals at all locations. The more remote sites have RV parking although many times it is just an open area. Other times it could be an adjacent campground.
I volunteered in late October to help restore a beautiful 1903 lodge on a previous large ranch. It is now owned by the Jefferson School District in Denver. At that location they had lodging and a large cafeteria where the Histori Corp cook fixed our meals.
Really a great bunch of people both those crew personnel from the Corps and those that volunteer. I have pictures from that work project should anyone be interested you can PM me.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for volunteering!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oregon state parks have lots of different positions, from interpertative hosts to maintenance to greeter host positions. They generally ask for 30 days, some longer, a few shorter.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do they only allow people with truck campers?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member