cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water coming in

ronc2500hd
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I have a Bullet 31bhpr and water is coming in when it rains on both ends of the kitchen slide. Has anyone else had this happen? I have tried to find the water trail but cannot located it. Trying not to take it to the dealer and yes warranty is out. The roof looks fine and I do not see any signs of cracks or breaks in any of the seals.
10 REPLIES 10

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
Having the camper level may work fine for some people with slide outs and water coming in, but I read many years ago in a owners manual from a previous TT that you should put a slight angle on the slide out so that any water will run away from the TT slide out opening. Will also help keep water drained off from condensation accumulation overnight. Been doing this for years and works very well. This does not mean that you can not check seals or caulking, preventative maintenance is a must.
Good luck and Happy Camping
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

ronc2500hd
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Got on top of the roof and where the front cap meets the start of the roof, the caulking/sealant was cracked all the way across. Got some stuff from CW, cleaned the area and caulked the entire area. Hasn't rained enough lately to check for a fix. I'll keep ya'll posted on results as soon as I find something out. Thanks again for the responses.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
We find with our 31bhpr, if we are level front to back and side to side, it will then dip down a bit when we open the slides so we generally leave it like that even though we are slightly unlevel.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we first gor our Dutchmen the floor was wet after a heavy rain. We found that when we extended the slide, the weather sealing flap blocked the end of the slide's rain gutter. I now tuck the flap behind the gutter.

one more TT oddesy.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
ronc2500hd wrote:
Thanks for the response. It has happened a couple of time, but not everytime it rains. Being level was my first thought. I'll take more care in gettng it level, maybe even let it be a little low on the slide out side, and see what happens. Thanks again.

After you have the trailer level, front to back and side to side, check the roof of the slide to see if something might be amiss there.

ronc2500hd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the response. It has happened a couple of time, but not everytime it rains. Being level was my first thought. I'll take more care in gettng it level, maybe even let it be a little low on the slide out side, and see what happens. Thanks again.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same trailer and left the slides open in the driveway, not level. It rained and the rug on each end was wet, lesson learned. If rain on the slide flows to the trailer it will get in. Hopefully that is all it is for you.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

mike102
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you trailer is level, i chased a leak once and it just ended up the trailer was a half a bubble off level.
2015 Crossroads sunset trail ST32RL
2000 Dodge 2500 V10 excab short bed

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
One time thing or happening multiple times? Get on a ladder and take a close look at the seals.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Slide out seal damaged would be my firsy guess. Water pooling on the slide out roof is my second guess.