cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're going camping!

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
When my son started playing AAA ball we were really afraid that it would cut into our camping.
The solution was to camp for all our tournaments (5 in all) and tomorrow is the first.
So we're going camping!!
This post doesn't really say much other than I'm wicked excited to hit the road after a long winter and wanted to share it with someone..
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS
9 REPLIES 9

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
I measure running courses (5k, 10k, Marathon, for instance) for a hobby-job. We are going to Aspen, CO next weekend so I can measure a 5-mile course. Too far to drive to measure in one day, so we are taking the camper, and making a nice getaway out of it.

It will take me a couple hours to measure, then we have the rest of the time to fish (campground is next to a nice stream), walk around town (we are 5 miles out of town, so best of both worlds), hike (if it is not too wet, still), or sit and watch the water flow by.

Beats the heck out of renting a condo, or getting a motel room!

Have fun!
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! My daughter has a Dance Competition this weekend and we wanted to camp out too, but the State beach was all booked. Enjoy, Stoked for you guys!
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
This is camping nirvana! It'll be the best time of you life and the memories will be precious! Enjoy, the time goes by real fast.

When our twin boys were in high school in the early nineties, we traveled all over the state of Washington taking them to baseball and tennis tournaments. A couple of summers we even took them to an expensive tennis learning camp in Sun Valley Idaho and saved money by staying in campgrounds nearby. We visited college campus's, staying in campgrounds nearby.
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice, go have fun
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
That is exactly why an RV ownership is so convenient. You can go to any event, anywhere, for any reason and have your OWN bedroom with you!

We used our camper for "events" also, many times over the years. A couple years ago, we took the camper and stayed 3 nights at a KOA, just so my wife could attend a Barry Manilow concert. It worked out great! And then 2 months later, another campground so we could attend a Kenny Rogers concert!

When my daughter graduated her advanced training in the Navy, we took the camper to Charleston SC just so we could be there for the event.

Yes... you've just discovered new uses for the camper! Enjoy and be proud of your son!

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
A few years back we followed our son while he traveled for track meets. a lot of fun.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Another great reason to own an RV.

Have fun!

ourtravels
Explorer
Explorer
We were camping in Yakima, WA last year and the park filled up with many families that all seemed to include 10 - 11 year old boys.

Several of them started to go across to a field to play catch, when they noticed that they would be crossing our campsite, stopped, and started to walk around. We told them that they were welcome to take a shortcut through our site (it was very large). We had a nice conversation with them, and found that they were from N.Wenatchee and were attending a baseball tournament.

They were the nicest, most polite group of boys ever!

Have a great trip and enjoy the tournament.
Margaret & Tony
Our border collie, Nash. RIP Kane, Paige
'No Bad Days'
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RLS

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
What a great way to be there for your son and also go camping. It just doesn't get any better than that. 🙂
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup