cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weathertech floormats

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
I don't if this post is technically violating forum rules, but I would hope that mentioning a specific company and their awesome customer service response won't get this pulled....so here goes:

My wife ordered me some WeatherTech floor mats thru Amazon for a Christmas present. The order didn't go off as planned so she fired off a letter to Amazon voicing her displeasure.

She was contacted by a rep from WeatherTech this AM profusely apologizing for this happening, and to make amends for this event, is refunding her the entire purchase price....and those suckers aren't cheap.

It's refreshing to know that a company still cares that much about their customers to do something like that.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation
31 REPLIES 31

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
I have really liked them so far. Went to see my sister during Thanksgiving and they live in the country. After all the rain we have been getting lately, and all the mud, I sure was glad that I have them. They're muddy, nasty and filthy...but the carpet beneath is clean.

Now that my wife has seen how well they work, she said she wants a set for her car. I wish they had a workable alternative to cover the back seat. I have a 5 y.o. and dang, he sure can make a mess. The one they offer doesn't allow for the seat belts.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad to hear things worked out. We have had great success with Amazon. We are prime members, as we do a lot of shopping with them and enjoy the included Instant Video and cloud storage. They are always very good about keeping customers happy.

Its unfortunate that the surprise was ruined, and GREAT customer service by WeatherTech to eat the cost to keep a happy customer. I have been looking at less expensive options for my truck all weather mats... but this thread tipped me over the edge. I'll be ordering some WeatherTechs (thru Amazon, nonetheless) for my truck soon.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear the customer service is as good as the product. I have the mats in my truck and really like them. They hold up well and are super easy to clean up.
'18 Momentum 349M
'17 F-350 SRW Lariat CCSB 6.7 FX4

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
I re-edited that part of the message in addition to having the moderator delete a couple of posts because I didn't want anyone to take a chance on trying to score a set of free floor mats from the company.

My intention was not to give someone a blueprint on how to scam the company because not everybody can be trusted.

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
patperry2766 wrote:

THEY are the ones that offered a full refund because I know my wife well enough to know that she would never have caused enough stink to have them offer to her for free. I have since ordered additional items from them, is addition to telling the masses about what a reputable stand up company they are.

There is no doubt in my mind what so ever that the money that it cost their company in goodwill will be returned ten fold.

And YES, it did ruin the element of suprise for my wife. They were a gift from her to me with her hard earned money because she knows what a tightwad I am with my money and I never would have spent that much on myself, when my family needs things more...like food, utilities, mortgage payments, etc.

It was a very nice gesture from my wife, and exceptional customer service by Weather Tech, so ditch the condescending attitude.

Conversely, perhaps you should ditch the defensiveness and explain yourself better...

patperry2766 wrote:

She was contacted by a rep from WeatherTech this AM profusely apologizing for this happening, and to make amends for this event, is refunding her the entire purchase price....

You didn't say that they were the ones making the offer, or that it wasn't her request/demand. I guess people can read things differently, but a little bit of clarity goes a long way...
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
majorgator wrote:
patperry2766 wrote:
In Amazon's defense...it's not totally all their fault. They came in a pretty big box and the rep said that Amazon doesn't have a box big enough for them. Amazon could put on their website that due to the size of the packaging, they can't be marked "gift"
Other that this one isolated incident, we have had only positive dealings with Amazon for years.

So the only issue with the order is that the box shipped to you without being labeled "gift", which ruined the element of surprise? That would be disappointing, but from an ethical standpoint, it doesn't justify a full refund of the purchase price. It would have been reasonable for them to offer some concession for the inconvenience, but not a full refund.

THEY are the ones that offered a full refund because I know my wife well enough to know that she would never have caused enough stink to have them offer to her for free. I have since ordered additional items from them, is addition to telling the masses about what a reputable stand up company they are.

There is no doubt in my mind what so ever that the money that it cost their company in goodwill will be returned ten fold.

And YES, it did ruin the element of suprise for my wife. They were a gift from her to me with her hard earned money because she knows what a tightwad I am with my money and I never would have spent that much on myself, when my family needs things more...like food, utilities, mortgage payments, etc.

It was a very nice gesture from my wife, and exceptional customer service by Weather Tech, so ditch the condescending attitude.

gijoecam
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar experience with Weathertech... Ordered a set of mats for my wife's car this summer. Somehow, despite several 'verify your order' pages, I ordered the wrong color. I called customer service, explained what happened, and figured I'd be on the hook for shipping the new ones in the right color. Much to my surprise, they issued the RMA and said that as soon as they receive them, they'll send the right color free of charge.

They did exactly that! My error cost me $11 to ship them back and nothing more. Couldn't be happier!!

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
just got to my daughters in K-Falls. supposed to be low of 7.
her car is a mess, need to get her full mats.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife 🙂

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
patperry2766 wrote:
In Amazon's defense...it's not totally all their fault. They came in a pretty big box and the rep said that Amazon doesn't have a box big enough for them. Amazon could put on their website that due to the size of the packaging, they can't be marked "gift"
Other that this one isolated incident, we have had only positive dealings with Amazon for years.

So the only issue with the order is that the box shipped to you without being labeled "gift", which ruined the element of surprise? That would be disappointing, but from an ethical standpoint, it doesn't justify a full refund of the purchase price. It would have been reasonable for them to offer some concession for the inconvenience, but not a full refund.
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

starjumper
Explorer
Explorer
Weathertech is the best. I have had them in my F250 for over 10 years and still look new! Counseled my sister in law to get a set for her new Sonata and she loves them also, as she lives in the snow belt.
David M. Autrey

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
I have not seen them but the Michelin Edgeliner floor mats got great reviews over on the Ford Trucks Forum from Husky and Weathertech users, said they fit better and are softer with deeper grooves. Just what I read.
Link

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with my WT mats in the truck as well. Great products!!!

I like the mud flaps as well, just wish they were a little longer for the HD trucks that sit higher. The WTs were just long enough on the 1500, but a little short for the 2500/3500's!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
I have weathertech mats in my truck and also in the wife's 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited..they look great and are easy to clean up. I also have the Weathertech window visors on both vehicles, another nice addition to one's vehicle.

Are you talking about the window vents that fit in the window channel?

APT
Explorer
Explorer
$400 of Weathertech floor mats in our Suburban. 4+ years of carting 3 kids around and they as well as the carpet look great! I also have the Husky Liners in my other car which are also very good. I'm glad to hear the company offer that way to make the OP happy with the transaction.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)