cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Did You Do To Your Travel Trailer Today?

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Love seeing the list of stuff people do to their TT's.

Today I replaced a bunch of locks from the old oem CH751 to the coke machine type locks.
Also replaced the power converter, fan was dead and the power was dirty/noisy.
106 REPLIES 106

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
I just completed reattaching the aft awning mount. While in WY. this summer had high winds and the mount pulled away from the fiberglass structure.The dealer had attached it with lag bolts. I fabbed a doubler with blind nuts.

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
Camped in the driveway with my 6-year-old... A Friday night tradition.
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

smokedummy
Explorer
Explorer
Dragged the sofa-bed mattress out of the house and into the camper - a perfect fit, and the camper bed is much more comfy. We keep the bed set up permanently. We use a large folding TV tray as a table.
2012 Skyline Mountain View Retro 140, 16'.

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing for the trailer, but new tires for the TV!

cyberiankhatru
Explorer
Explorer
301TBS wrote:
I put in an electric fireplace, should be nice for fall camping.

I'd like to see that 301TBS.

Orcusomega
Explorer
Explorer
Not much, but since this weekend is my maiden voyage, I added a few goodies to the TT:

I made new wheel chocks (you can see the TEMPORARY dinky little plastic ones, now you know why I needed them!) out of 4x4 PT lumber and big all-thread I had in the garage - sometimes is pays to be a packrat!

Once of the main reasons we went with a TT is so that we can bring our pets with us (two small Yorkies). Since we didnt want to lock them in the TT without them being used to it (and the little one leaks when excited lol) I turned the rear storage area into a "kennel" of sorts. I used a spare piece of wire shelf trimmed to fit up inter the lip (the ends are curled to there are no sharp points to get hurt on, and I added plastic caps after the pic was taken). I will make a replacement bunk to replace the solid wood with a grate so they are not so boxed in after the first trip. The idea is to bring them with us at the site, but in the event we want to go to a function where they are not welcome, they are safe, warm, and out of the elements...

All I did was take some heavy wire I had and made loops that I attached to two existing screws in the opening of the rear hatch, and added two to the inner wall. When I want to use the grate, I ziptie the grate to the loops, otherwise, I just cut the ties, and it is back to normal. 10 seconds to convert from one to the other ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll be adding more as I go I am sure, since I am forever a tinkerer ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob
2013 Forest River Surveyor Select 305 SV
2011 F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
I unplugged it from shore power and turned the battery cutoff switch to off. I think we're done camping for this year. Will winterize before it gets cold.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
KevSchofield wrote:
Went in to the camper today to pack a few things in prep for our trip at the end of the month, and heard a terrible rattling vibration noise..
Quickly determined it was coming from inside the inverter box..

Pulled the cover off and one fan wasn;t turning and the other was making a racket and a half..

Killed the power and took them out.. Appear to be normal 12V cooling fans like a PC would have so off to Radio Shack I went.

Had to transfer the connecting plugs from the old fans to the new but that was simple enough with solder and heat shrink.

The new fans are in and humming away perfectly~

Not sure what the RV place would charge for this repair but all it cost me was $40 and change for the 2 fans..
Took less than an hour to take care of the issue.. Sorta glad it happened today and not while camping.
Still could have fixed it, but I'd rather be relaxing ๐Ÿ™‚

I installed some led motion porch lights, they didn't work. Figured out when on shore power they would freak out.
That's why I had to replace my power converter which also ended up having a dead fan, running hot and putting out dirty power. Upgraded 10 more amps, all filtered and 3 stage charging.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stuffed the fridge with beer and getting ready to head out tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™‚

KevSchofield
Explorer
Explorer
Went in to the camper today to pack a few things in prep for our trip at the end of the month, and heard a terrible rattling vibration noise..
Quickly determined it was coming from inside the inverter box..

Pulled the cover off and one fan wasn;t turning and the other was making a racket and a half..

Killed the power and took them out.. Appear to be normal 12V cooling fans like a PC would have so off to Radio Shack I went.

Had to transfer the connecting plugs from the old fans to the new but that was simple enough with solder and heat shrink.

The new fans are in and humming away perfectly~

Not sure what the RV place would charge for this repair but all it cost me was $40 and change for the 2 fans..
Took less than an hour to take care of the issue.. Sorta glad it happened today and not while camping.
Still could have fixed it, but I'd rather be relaxing ๐Ÿ™‚
Kev in NH
'07 Jayco Eagle 325BHS w/ the big bunks
'02 Ford F350 V10 w/ Reese 16K slider

hddecker
Explorer
Explorer
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:
Dtaylor wrote:
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:

Today I replaced a bunch of locks from the old oem CH751 to the coke machine type locks.

What are the coke machine type? Do you have a link or photo?

Replaced the factory locks which are SUPER common, to this.
http://rvpartscentral.viaretailparts.com/12925

Them's what is commonly referred to as barrel key.

Some what harder to pick, but them locks are only to keep honest people out.

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
Was at the hardware store and they were selling RV "pink" stuff on sale, so I picked up 3 gallons for my first foray into winterizing. For $10 I suppose I can do it, with help from this site!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Dtaylor wrote:
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:

Replaced the factory locks which are SUPER common, to this.
http://rvpartscentral.viaretailparts.com/12925

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:

Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
The other day I was at Wally World, stocked up on the Pink Stuff for winterizing. I washed last week and cleaned a few things, let the awning out and checked it. I put my covers on it when I was through. I pulled the plug on the hot water heater and checked it, let the tank drain out to check for residue. All was good.
Mark