cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you keep in your camper.

silverbullet555
Explorer
Explorer
I've asked a lot of tech questions. Now something more fun.

What do you keep in your camper?

More importantly, what are the thinks you can't live without.

We won't have that much room so I want to use it wisely.
1995 Northland Grizzly 860. 2355 lbs of purple goodness! Sold
2005 Lance 845 - Baby Bertha
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Classic CC SB 4WD
Torklift mounts
Torklift superhitch
Hellwig swaybar and 3500lb helper springs
2002 Cobalt 226 "Baby Blue"
28 REPLIES 28

silverbullet555
Explorer
Explorer
I continue to add stuff to the camper. I have raided our camping stuff and moved appropriate items from the family camping boxes to the camper. If at some point, we end up doing both types, I'll deal with it. No use in doubling up.

I did buy bedding for the camper so it stays in there and once washed, placed back in.

My end goal is to have a weekend's worth of all supplies/stuff in the camper except for cold food and water. If we can just load and go, my goal is that we can use it more. Chores permitting.
Torklift mounts
Torklift superhitch

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
We have a complete set of stuff for the TC. The only thing we "pack" is food, clothes, laptop, and sports gear for the trip, and that's from a weekend to a 2 month 3,500 mile run.

That's a good point. Most of the stuff in the camper stays in the camper when we get home. Unless it's being removed for cleaning or reorganizing. Even a lot of our clothes stay in the camper. When they get washed, they get put back in the camper. Same with the Hummingbird feeders and medicine.

So for us it would be consumables, laptops, binoculars, books and cameras.

I actually have a spreadsheet I use check all the items that should be in the camper and work the list the week before a trip.
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We have a complete set of stuff for the TC. The only thing we "pack" is food, clothes, laptop, and sports gear for the trip, and that's from a weekend to a 2 month 3,500 mile run.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
I make sure we have two glass pint glasses for beer and two glass rocks glasses for mixed drinks or whiskey. We used plastic glasses for years but it's so nice to be able to drink from glass.

We also pack hummingbird feeders and sugar. We went to the desert earlier this year and within 5 minutes of putting up the feeders we had a taker. We have three up right now and have rufus and broad tailed hummingbirds at our campsite.

edit: I should also add antibiotics. If you get a tick bite you want to start on antibiotics right away. Lyme disease is terrible and many doctors want to wait until you're fully infected before they start treatment.
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
I have a lot of "stuff", hence why I upgraded to an 1191, to carry all said "stuff" so everyone in the family is happy to have their "stuff" while camping.

It is nice to be able to open up a cabinet and find "stuff" I forgot I even had.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with regular bedding instead of bags. Too bulky and too hard to clean. We have been RVing for over 45 years, and I am certain I keep far more than I need in our RV. Eating utensils for all who would normally be there - You can decide if you want to keep washable versions or rely solely on paper for this; One each - frying pan (lg & sm), big pot, small pot; zip lock bags for everything; if you have one, cooking vessels for a microwave; coffee cup for each who would usually camp in rig; plastic glasses for drinks; paper products (T paper, paper towels, paper plates, paper bowls); a colander; if needed, a cork screw; plastic wrap & aluminum foil; a fire extinguisher; one-cup coffee pot; spatula, long fork,small whisk,slotted and large spoon (typical starter set for a kitchen); larger bowl for mixing things; Trying to think of what I always use. I cook often in my RV, but many people don't. If you aren't planning to cook most meals, you may not need what I have listed. Store as many things inside other things as possible. A sharp knife; a cutting board; a portable grill; collapsible chairs for the campfire; a tool box with basic tools (if you're able to actually do repairs beyond the simple things, this would obviously contain far more than screwdriver, hammer, plyers! You'll figure you what the basics are for an RV as you borrow from others as you need them!); Outdoor extension cord; lights for the awning (if you want); mat for under the awning (wouldn't go anywhere w/o one); small table for outdoors(not all RV parks have decent tables, some none at all); I keep basic spices/seasonings in the RV (salt, pepper, etc); a few basic foodstuffs (can of soup, pasta,sauce, etc) for those overnight stops on the way to destination). We also keep basic clothing in the rig. Hoodie, rain poncho, underwear for 2 days, shorts/jeans/shirts for several days. Every trip we pack more. Also keep sandals/sneakers in RV. We both also have warm jackets for those chilly nights by the fire.
Over the years I have determined that it is just easier for me to go food shopping after we reach our destination, right after we finish hooking up.That way, I only buy what we will use for that particular trip. Far less to move in and out of the RV. I do usually take condiments from home, placing them in smaller containers with tight lids. Don't want small bottles taking up space in my fridge at home when we're back!
You'll find that you will begin to accumulate things, or find out you do or don't need items as you use your RV more. It's a never ending life experience! DH and I absolutely travel with far more than we need. Every once in a while we go through everything, make changes, and start the whole process all over again! Part of the game! Trial and error, and no two RVs are packed the same! Whatever works for you depending on how you will be using it. Hope this gives you some ideas.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Tim wrote:
Stuff keeps migrating in but I keep throwing it out. Where does it come from?

LOL I keep wondering the same thing.
I'm going to be migrating stuff out of my camper today.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Toilet paper, Coffee are my two must always haves
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
Stuff keeps migrating in but I keep throwing it out. Where does it come from?
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads

silverbullet555
Explorer
Explorer
I keep adding stuff.
Torklift mounts
Torklift superhitch

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
In my case, it's what does SHE keep in her camper !! Mtcy. trailer is mine . lol

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have everything I need. Full kitchen and bathroom items always remain in it. Only things I have to load for a trip is my laptop, ipad, food and water. I keep some clothes in it, but usually just take enough to last a few days more than the trip, or two weeks. Then I stop and do laundry.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

specta
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
specta wrote:
It has its own liquor cabinet that I keep stocked.

Can I come visit ? :B

Certainly. :B
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
The camper is a second home.
Thusly, pretty much everything.