Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you love about your TT?

KTnSteve
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

We just joined and are in the market for a small travel trailer, 16-21 feet. I was reading a lot of threads and someone mentioned that people do tend to post more about the negatives and not so much about what they love. So, I am curious, since we are trying to narrow down a model, which TT do you have and what do you love about it? I'm especially interested in that smaller size range.

Katie
66 REPLIES 66

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
I like knowing who slept in my bed last night. Peace of mind I've never gotten in a hotel.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Mine was a consignment returned to the manufacturer after the dealer filed bankruptcy. It was less than half of MSRP, two years old but new with everything in the box.

The best part is, it is a 24ft TT with two slideouts. Gotta love it.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love my 20 foot TT for it ease to park, tow, and it is so easy to set up.

eflyersteve
Explorer
Explorer
We searched for a while for a good small couples trailer. We settled on a Coachmen Freedom Express 204RD. We didn't want the added maintenance of a slide, we wanted aluminum construction, fiberglass and as little wood used in areas that might see moisture and rot.

We actually go pick it up tomorrow so I can't say for sure it is our dream trailer, but we like that it is small yet still has a separation of the bedroom (with full sized queen bed). We like our movies and videos even when traveling and it has provisions for TVs in the bedroom and the dining area.

Good luck on your search. I suggest that you look at a lot and don't rush into anything. If you are buying new, don't be shy to make an offer and save some bucks.
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 204RD
2011 F150 Super Crew FX4, 5.0L V8
Husky Centerline WD Hitch

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Completely functional and everything is accessible when all slides are in.

Will I evidently didn't love it enough because I ended up selling it for a 5th wheel 2 weeks ago.

pld33270
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob, I like that paid for characteristic you mentioned.

Mine is TOO! :B As in one payment, paid for.

To your other point, easy to park, we finally made it back to our beloved Blue Ridge Parkway this past weekend. We were able to back it right in, first try on a small site.

Of all the trailers we have owned, the Sunline 21 ft and the KZ Connect 201QB have been our favorite for two people.
Camp with my lovely wife, Rat Terriers and Jack Chi
2022 Rockwood Minilite 2205S
2015 GMC Canyon, crew cab, long bed
2 Honda EU 2000i
Andersen WDH

eend
Explorer
Explorer
What I like about our 21' is,
queen walk around bed
rear bath room
and big fridge
White cabinets, so it makes it look nice and bright in side.
and it is paid for.
What I dont like she sprung a leak so the front cap started to delaminate and the sides. To get this all fixed it will run into the thousands so not worth fixing it. I did peel back the front cap and let it dry out and resealed it so now she is dry.

So she is going to be sold or taken to the auction and we will continue camping with our 1971 Boler or 1977 Trillium trailer.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
two bathrooms!
84 gallons of black, and 84 gallons of grey!
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
The things I love about our TT-
Paid for
small enough to get into any site
queen size bed is big enough that my wife can have all the covers she wants and I don't have to sweat
big enough to prepare meals in if it rains and we still have room to eat
nice bathroom
I can store it in a 20 foot carport in my backyard
did I mention-paid cash when new
love the big windows, almost like sitting outside
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
I love that it's perfect for me (I use a twin bed on the back section of the folded down "U" dinette), but the larger than queen bed is great when hubby decides to occasionally come along. With the use of the fully-enclosed add-a-room and beast of an AC unit, it also works when one or more of our grown children are along.

I can move it by hand when on asphalt or concrete, so can turn to take advantage of the view.

It has more counter space than most larger TTs. I love that the stove and sink have fold down covers.

I love that I can decide upon using a small awning, large full awning, or add-a-room depending on site, weather, and length of stay.

I have a lot of storage for a tiny camper. In fact, it's not all utilized.

We have a very active T@B community and I've made a ton of friends and love to attend events, including a fall beach "hop" in SC. Most members here will say it's much too small; however, in our group we have a large number of couples, and even some with a small child and/or dogs.

I can, without planning, pull in practically anywhere to shop, sight see, meet a friend, etc.

It's fun, cheerful, and I'm totally enjoying my 9th season with it. I previously camped in a Class C and use this one so much more. I'm still head-over-heels in love with my 2007 T@B.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
pld33270 wrote:
I will start by saying... we have owned and camped in a pop-up, 17'TT, 21'TT, 26'TT, and a 32' 5er. We are back at 20'TT.

What we like about small TT, especially the 20ish foot size.
-Get in most any campground
-towable with V6 1/2 ton truck
-neo-angle shower
-walk around queen
-sofa slide
-great for 2 of us and our 2 little dogs
-plenty of outside and inside storage
-it is paid for
Small TTs are great for couples with no kids in tow. An occasional over night guess is ok.

X2 though I haven't owned all of those other trailers.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We really liked our old camper, but like the new one better. Specifically;
Walk around queen sized bed
Couch as opposed to dinette
8 cu ft refrigerator
Stove vent goes to outside
TV placed so we dont have to turn our heads to watch it. We don’t watch a lot of tv, but still nice.
Lots of pantry space and clothes storage
All LED lighting
Power awning
Still under 20’

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Paid for
2nd door for bathroom to outside
walk around queen bed
power tongue and stab jacks
15K btu a/c unit