cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What hitch fits 13 Ram fifth wheel prep option?

scrappy123
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone confirm what hitch will fit the new 13 Ram fifth wheel hitch prep option, or at least what the puck spacing will be ? Called Curt and B&W and no one I talked to seems to know for sure ?
18 REPLIES 18

talonhead
Explorer
Explorer
Etrailer has an adapter also, RP30154. There is a lot of info on the cummins forum under the 2013+ category. I have been researching as I am looking at buying an '13 Ram 3500.
A lot of info at www.rambodybuilder.com with part #'s.
if you are using an SG it looks like a set of ISR rails are needed for the 4100/4400.

QUESTION: could someone with the 5er/GN Prep post the attachment point dimensions (Width x Length and front / rear points to axle center).

I found an SG 3600 for cheap, it is actually wider than some approximate width numbers that I have seen posted. It seems like it would be a 'fairly easy' mod to drill a plate to fit the attachment points then position the hitch properly on the plate and bolt/weld the hitch to it. It may be overkill, but this hitch doesn't use rails. Also, there would be minimal increase of head height.
MikeH
2014 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Dually 4WD (True Blue Pearl) w/Alcoa's & paint match bumpers.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lot of tough guys in ND evidently. C/D/J/R has the WORST parts supply ability in the industry along with the lowest customer satisfaction ratings with their vehicles. An April buyer was screwed, you just got lucky. They have what they call new model block on accessories, and it seems to work very well.
Puma 30RKSS

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
You can get when you get the truck. My truck was delivered late on last Wednesday. They ordered the adapter, and it arrived yesterday, tuesday. Weekend included.

So, 6 days. Not bad. They ARE available. I bet the dealer that was trying to sell you the non prepped truck, and told you how bad it was, ONLY had non prepped trucks on his lot!

There are a lot of dealers out there, who are only ordering dealer trucks WITHOUT the prep package, because they are cheaper. They then bad mouth the prep package.

whsk
Explorer
Explorer
thanks to a sharp parts guy I got my "picture frame" adaptor in a wk-it took many phone calls and searching but it finally paid off-ram really dropped the ball on this-at the price of the truck the "frame" should have been included!-whsk

gmc6000
Explorer
Explorer
redheadedlittlegirl wrote:
Hi
I have been having a problem trying to order the new Ram Truck 3500 with the built in 5th wheel prep. The Mopar part needed to mount the 5th wheel reciever is backordered until God knows when. I have been on the phone with Dodge Ram for 2 months trying to buy a truck does anyone have more info than I do as to why the hold up and why the dealers are trying to get me to buy this truck and drill the bed when they know the warranty will be voided. The only thing good I have to say is that Dodge Ram itself is telling me not to by this truck until the part is in production...part no. 82213667 I feel like I know more than the dealer unless they just want me to buy the truck and not worry about me towing a 5th wheel.

You cannot buy the adapter unless you purchase the truck. Once you purchase the truck, they will order one based on the VIN of your truck. You will need to be firm with the dealer and tell them they have 1 week to get the adapter to you.

I told my dealer I didn't give a******if they had to personally fly to Japan to get it, they have one week to get or this new truck will be parked in their showroom and they would not like how I got it there.

Took me about a week and half to get mine.
2017 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie MegaCab 6.7 Aisin 4:10
2013 KZ Inferno 3710T

redheadedlittle
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
I have been having a problem trying to order the new Ram Truck 3500 with the built in 5th wheel prep. The Mopar part needed to mount the 5th wheel reciever is backordered until God knows when. I have been on the phone with Dodge Ram for 2 months trying to buy a truck does anyone have more info than I do as to why the hold up and why the dealers are trying to get me to buy this truck and drill the bed when they know the warranty will be voided. The only thing good I have to say is that Dodge Ram itself is telling me not to by this truck until the part is in production...part no. 82213667 I feel like I know more than the dealer unless they just want me to buy the truck and not worry about me towing a 5th wheel.

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
I cancelled my 2013 order. Tired of waiting. They told me that my truck may not even be started until april 28th and that is not for sure. I ordered my truck mid January. That would mean potentially not getting my truck until the end of May. I need a truck for my RV and boat now. I was able to get a 2012 3500 Laramie at a steal. I will keep it for a few years and get the new truck some other day. I can live with 800 lbs. of torque. The 2012 will match my RV and boat nicely. It's slate gray over silver. Pics to follow.
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

Pineapple_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Below see copy of E-Mail from B&W for the 2500 Ram they told me they have a set up for the 3500 also ?

Thank you for your inquiry. We will have a Turnoverball & Companion set up for your truck available for order here in the next few weeks. For your 2500, your part number will be a GNRK1313 for the gooseneck and an RVK300 for the Companion. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you for using B&W products!

Ashlee Mathews | Sales/Customer Service | B&W Trailer Hitches | 800.248.6564

Don't think they would make it up they are a reputable company.

Check for yourself
Pineapple Kid Kauai, Hawaii

2013 Ram 2500 crew cab diesel (In California)
2003 Jayco 243RKS fifth wheel (In California)
Right Hand drive Sprinter Motorhome ( in Netherlands )

scrappy123
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:
2500's should be on a lot near you. I think your talking to the wrong person at B&W as last I heard they were in the engineering process. They did the same thing with the Ford's a couple of years ago.
I'm pretty sure Turbo has the correct information per our PM's.

3500's have a different frame- prep option is not available on the 2500's yet. Looks like I could use the adapter with a standard rail kit- but is there a hitch that will fit right in the twist slots ?

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
2500's should be on a lot near you. I think your talking to the wrong person at B&W as last I heard they were in the engineering process. They did the same thing with the Ford's a couple of years ago.
I'm pretty sure Turbo has the correct information per our PM's.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Pineapple_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
For my 2013 2500 Ram I have ordered I have purchased from the Dodge dealer a
B&W turn over ball hitch and companion 5th wheel adaptor installed for $780
The Morpar setup is a lot more $$ and B&W has a very good reputation
Pineapple Kid Kauai, Hawaii

2013 Ram 2500 crew cab diesel (In California)
2003 Jayco 243RKS fifth wheel (In California)
Right Hand drive Sprinter Motorhome ( in Netherlands )

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
Read my post. I explained what kit he will need. It is manufactured by Curt for Mopar.
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
It would be a shame if it is not the same spacing as Ford's. I hope it is.

Al__B
Explorer
Explorer
scrappy123 wrote:
Al B wrote:
Ask Dodge?

Did that, can't seem to get thru to the right person that would know!

Jeez huh! The one guy that should know, or should know where to get the info, can't get their ducks in order. I feel for ya.
Cummins Powered