cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is Tow/haul for?

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 2013 F150 302V8, 6spd auto, 4x4, long box, extended cab.

I am now hauling a 2100kg TT and am wondering what does pressing the Tow/Haul button does.
What would I notice with and without using it?
37 REPLIES 37

wintersun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Surprised you did not get a manual with your new truck. Might want to call the 800# and have them send one out to you. It will explain this and many other interesting and possibly important aspects of your vehicle.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Because some of us are too wrapped up in ourselves. These are the same people that denigrate others because we didn't buy the brand/model/trim level truck that THEY want. Internet bullies are all the same, full of themselves. I bet if the two of you were parked right next to each other at a campground tonight that guy wouldn't be so quick to spout off about how stupid or idiotic you are. Matter of fact, he might even help explain your tow/haul function to you...

Actually, I think HE would be the one asking me about the truck, the hitch, hauling, etc...

They might put on a nice smile, but the truth is... They are jealous.

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
zogg wrote:
I have to ask why some folks have to be so dammm negative and condescending I'm their posts????

People ask questions because they are uninformed, confused, or new to RVing. Then someone has to use words like "dumb", "idiot", "simple", and phrases like "what's wrong with you?" or "what were you thinking?".

I don't get it..........

THIS!!
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Because some of us are too wrapped up in ourselves. These are the same people that denigrate others because we didn't buy the brand/model/trim level truck that THEY want. Internet bullies are all the same, full of themselves. I bet if the two of you were parked right next to each other at a campground tonight that guy wouldn't be so quick to spout off about how stupid or idiotic you are. Matter of fact, he might even help explain your tow/haul function to you...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
zogg wrote:
I have to ask why some folks have to be so dammm negative and condescending I'm their posts????

People ask questions because they are uninformed, confused, or new to RVing. Then someone has to use words like "dumb", "idiot", "simple", and phrases like "what's wrong with you?" or "what were you thinking?".

I don't get it..........

I just think how stupid they come off as. Clearly they do not know either, and are afraid to ask.

Bedlam
zogg wrote:

I don't get it..........

I've called people on what they publicly posted through a PM - Some didn't realize the tone of their writing and others don't care. If you don't want to get involved with the person, but see it as an attack on another forum member, flag it for the moderator with an explanation why. If we turn a blind eye to this behavior, it will only get worse.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Carrera_man
Explorer
Explorer
zogg wrote:

I don't get it..........

I couldn't agree more!
2008 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab 6.0 gas, 2013 Audi A5 Q, 2013 VRV 26FB Toy Hauler by Livin Lite , Triumph 1200 Explorer

zogg
Explorer
Explorer

I don't get it..........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2016 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
6.4 Hemi, 4x4, 3.73, 6 Speed Auto
2016 Keystone Hideout 7500# Dry :B

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
gmcsmoke wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
gmcsmoke wrote:
why would you take delivery on a vehicle you're not familar with? The salesman should have explained the trucks features or at a minumum you should have asked.

You must be kidding. My latest RAM came with four manuals. One for the truck, a diesel supplement, another for the multi media and nav system and still another for the Uconnect system. Two years later I am still learning things about it. I bought a new car four months ago and it has so much tech in it, I am continually sitting in the garage with the manuals (plural) playing with systems and trying to figure them out. I'm hoping I'll have most of it down before I trade it in.

I guess some are slower on the uptake than others.

Guess so.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
wilber1 wrote:
gmcsmoke wrote:
why would you take delivery on a vehicle you're not familar with? The salesman should have explained the trucks features or at a minumum you should have asked.

You must be kidding. My latest RAM came with four manuals. One for the truck, a diesel supplement, another for the multi media and nav system and still another for the Uconnect system. Two years later I am still learning things about it. I bought a new car four months ago and it has so much tech in it, I am continually sitting in the garage with the manuals (plural) playing with systems and trying to figure them out. I'm hoping I'll have most of it down before I trade it in.

I guess some are slower on the uptake than others.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
gmcsmoke wrote:

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
What finally worked for us was the internet salesman who has a duramax truck was the one who we ordered from. 5 mistakes on the early 05 brochure were caught by me and this really threw the first salesman into confusion.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Bedlam
In general, I have found fleet sales are much more versed in what they sell. I had a very good experience buying my truck through fleet and suggest anyone to walk right by the car sales guys.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
Lessmore wrote:
gmcsmoke wrote:

A vehicle salesman explaining the features of any vehicle ? My experience is that if they don't know the answer...which is usually the case....then they make it up.

The only person at a dealership that usually has a clue is the service manager.

This forum is about the best place to ask a technical question regarding towing. Where would you find a more knowledgeable group ?

then a good salesman would get the service manager to explain. Paying a commission for piss poor service make you look like a idiot and the guy taking your money look like a genius.