cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the switch for porch light located normally?

whitebear80
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,
Have received a lot of information from previous posts and appreciate your kindness!
Our trailer works well so far, the problem is that we could not locate the switch for the porch light...
I looked everywhere inside and outside but could not find it...
So inconvenient ...
Anyone know where should that be normally?

My trailer is creekside 23bhs, the porch light is the black bar under the awning on the top...

I lost the contact information from my dealer and could not find it anywhere on the manual...

Hopefully you experienced guys might know...
Thanks in advance and sorry for this really silly question...
CreekSide 23BHS by Expedition EL
13 REPLIES 13

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
whitebear80 wrote:
It has a solar panel switch

please elaborate....

Our switch is within the main panel and it is labeled "porch". In our previous TT it was one of two switches on the wall directly to the left of the entrance door.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

JoeyM
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2014 Creekside 20FQ, on the cabinet wall above the sink, facing the back, the left beige switch controls a ceiling light, the right one controls both the front (right) and porch light. Perhaps yours is the same - I doubt they'd have separate switches for both outside lights.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
If it were me, I'd mount a switch by the door. But then again sometimes I get a little fancy. I might even make it so I could control it with my smartphone using the Wifi. But probably not 😉

whitebear80
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know whether the bulb is burned out or it should be the same switch as the front light?
Will try looking at the light itself to find whether there is a light.
The light itself looks like a bar attached to the wall. From what I could see from ground, there is no switch...
I don't have a picture on hand, sorry.

Thanks to all of you for the kind replies!

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT has 2 switches on the left hand upper cabinet, just inside the door. One is for the amber and the other plain outside light.

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
it should be on the upper cabinet by the door check the fixture see if it has a bulb in it

ArticFox_676
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible there is a switch on the porch light that is not on so when you try the inside switch the light doesn't go on?

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
Does the switch for the front of the trailer control the porch light also and the bulb is burned out?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

whitebear80
Explorer
Explorer
We do have the "all in one service panel", but we tried every one of them...
it does not work...
It has a solar panel switch
switches for:
water pump, water heater by propane, water heater electric
awning, slide out
a ceiling light in the trailer,
a light in the front of the trailer

Could the manufacture forgot to put on a switch?...

whitebear80
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to Mike and Roy for the quick replies!
The switch on the left of my entry door controls the light on the front of the trailer...
might check slide switch on the lamp? it might not be there since it is pretty high...
Will try email them.

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at your manual online. Does your trailer have the "all in one service panel?" Maybe its on there. Is it near the electric awning switch if you have an electric awning? There can't be that many switches to choose from.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
mine is also under the top cabinets right next to the door. The ceiling lights switch is located in the same area. On my other POPUP trailer it is a slide switch on the outside lamp it self...

My scare lights is on the back wall of the trailer...

You can always email the trailer manf - Give them your VIN NUMBER...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about your trailer, but on my Jayco it is the first switch on the left as you enter the door.

Mike
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.