cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is your truck camper headed this summer?

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Its March 7th and we still have 3 feet of snow surrounding the truck camper. It looks like it going to be another month before the camper hits the truck. Heading to northern Ontario for a few days in April and then down to the east coast for a while during May.

With gas prices down this year I see Alaska is getting a lot of attention. Did that in 2012 so I don't think that's in my plans this year. Thinking maybe California?

Anyone want to share their plans?

Paul
85 REPLIES 85

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I just tonite returned from a WONDERFUL 16 night, 1,641 mile adventure to wilderness, RV parks, Recreational areas, street camping, etc. First trip in my Lance since I purchased it last August! I'll be posting photos and TR soon!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
We are right now sitting in an RV campground less than half a mile from Disneyland and watching the firework show. Tomorrow we are taking the grand kids to see Mickey!

Nice little RV park too;

http://www.anaheimresortrvpark.com

JRJR
Explorer
Explorer
Just parked ours at Van Ripers resort in Seiku WA. It will be there til the end of Sept parked on the waterfront with a few 4 day trips to some other locations.

John

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Left ME on May 8; NH, VT, MA,CT,NY,PA,OH,MI-lower, MI-UP, WI,MN,ND,MT, WY, ID, UT, CO-for the very lovely number 1 GD's nuptials up in the RMNP, NE,IA,IL,IN, OH,PA,NY,CT, MA,NH, and back to good old ME 6 weeks and 7100 miles later. A fantastic trip.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac, If you need a "tour guide" to the Falls send me a private message. I've lived in Western NY most of my life, and when I was younger I took relatives through the Falls because it was cheaper to send me than have my parents take them.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Med. issues changed our plans completely. Headed to Niagara Falls tomorrow for 3-4 days, from there we're meeting our daughter in southern OH. To do some fishing and rafting. Been 20 yrs. since I've gone rafting, looking forward to it. Next we'll be making our way to Glacier Na. Park to meet my older brother, who's bicycling there from Spokane,WA. at 61 yrs. young, God bless him. No planned route, just winging it, should be interesting. Then the trip home will take us through the Dakota's, the U. P. of MI. And back to N. Y. A quick reload and we're meeting our daughter and two sons in Montauk, N. Y. To finish out the summer.

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
Headed to Yukon , NWT (arctic circle and beyond) then Alaska for 6 weeks. Leaving friday the 26th. got the old 1997 looking like a 2014 model. Almost...
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
heading up to sheridan lake for a 5 day weekend on friday.we're going after some of those double digit sized rainbows.we have a major heatwave headed our way,and its supposed to smash some records over the next week.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
WA, OR lots of trips, ID, UT, and CO (for the Rally) maybe a night it Wyoming too.
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
Heading out tomorrow for 2 weeks. Getting the 10:30 ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles, going down the west side of the Olympic Peninsula into Oregon. Staying 2 or 3 days at Cannon Beach to see the puffins nesting, then going where the wind blows us,no firm plans.
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

Bedlam
It's WA's Long Beach this time. Last time I stayed in SoCal was in Naval billets and the Spruce a Goose was still there.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
The list is building but trips planned so far:
Long Beach

Staying at Golden Shores or just passing through? I ask only because I live nearby (don't worry, I won't come bother you:M:)). It's generally not a big destination place, being a highly restricted city regarding RV's.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like everyone has some great adventures lined up.

We are headed out tomorrow for my grandkids first camping trip. Not too far from home at Pipestem State Park in So. WV. I am taking 8, 6 and 5 year old boys and hooking up with some family for a few days. This ought to be interesting, but this was the whole reason to get a larger TC.

One of my DIL's just texted me that her 2 boys have asked every day this week if it is Friday yet ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
c.traveler2 wrote:
I had retired June 01,2015 and we're on our way to Alaska.
Congrats on your Retirement!! Have fun and will look forward to one of your wonderful Trip Reports about your Alaska trip.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr