cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which Trojan?

dmullen
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to pick up a pair of Trojan T-105 batteries and see that there is the T-105.....T-105 Plus, and the T-105 RE (Renewable Energy). The local shops around here only carry the regular T-105 so I would have to travel to locate the others.

Any strong advantages to using one of the other two models?
11 REPLIES 11

dmullen
Explorer
Explorer
allen8106 wrote:
Go with Crown. A better battery and US. made.

The Crown batteries look good too. Trojan has a great reputation and I just found a source where I can get them pretty cheap.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trojan horse running on a Trojan battery?

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Go with Crown. A better battery and US. made.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

dmullen
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
T-105 is a Trojan model number for GC-2 size 6V batteries, and they have a number of offerings in that size, both flooded cell and AGM. In the flooded cell line there are three different "standard" models, one model of Plus (not counting the different terminal configurations available). All have the same performance specifications.

The Plus has a "Flip Top" feature, offers fewer different terminal configurations. Flip top makes the batteries easier to maintain.

You will want whichever battery has the right terminal configuration for your use, and that will likely be what a RV dealer is carrying.

Thanks. I can make any of the terminals work, I'm just curious if anyone uses the Plus or RE models and why.

stevenicol
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
T-105 is a Trojan model number for GC-2 size 6V batteries, and they have a number of offerings in that size, both flooded cell and AGM. In the flooded cell line there are three different "standard" models, one model of Plus (not counting the different terminal configurations available). All have the same performance specifications.

The Plus has a "Flip Top" feature, offers fewer different terminal configurations. Flip top makes the batteries easier to maintain.

You will want whichever battery has the right terminal configuration for your use, and that will likely be what a RV dealer is carrying.

...this is great advice!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
A quick Google search shows .pdf data sheets for each of these batteries readily available ... download them and compare yourself.
Ah c'mon now..that requires effort.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
The RE series is targeted at storage for renewable energy like solar and wind generated power.
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
dmullen wrote:
Any strong advantages to using one of the other two models?

A quick Google search shows .pdf data sheets for each of these batteries readily available ... download them and compare yourself.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

stevenicol
Explorer
Explorer
We have two (2) T105 AGM batteries on our 20 foot Lance. Lots of amp hours.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced my four house batteries with the T 105's. Not really sure the difference from them to the RE and plus. They really needed to be replaced though due to excessive water usage, bulging by the terminals,and constantly very hot cases.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992