cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window graphics

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Our new Wildcat looks great, but I really don't like the graphics on the windows. We love to camp in the boondocks and look out the windows and even though the trailer has big windows, the stripes block our view. Window graphics
Does anybody know the best way to take them of off the window without messing up the tint or glass?
7 REPLIES 7

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
First time I have seen the stickers go over the window. Really dumb idea whichever maker did that
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. We will start with a small piece and see how it goes. The weather should warm up by next weekend.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I understand what you're thinking - I'd prefer nothing over the window, too....however, before you go too far, think I'd do just one small window first and make sure you're not messing up the design. Guess I need to go outside and look at our TT and see what the graphics look like....I'm thinking they skirt the windows and there is definitely nothing on them. Suggestion would be to start with a hair dryer and pull slowly. Ditto on the Goo Gone.

PS DH just went and looked and our Rockwood does have graphics that stop at the window and then continue on the other side....guess I'd never noticed.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

DB2BRMI
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Razor blade and lots of windex. The windows should not be tinted outside.

Ditto. This method worked well for me but I should mention that I was in AZ at the time last month and the day time temps were in the high 80's. Single edged blade held in a holder. Nice and gentle.

DRB

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Since they are new they should come off fairly easily. As mentioned, a hair dryer or heat gun. You may be able to park it in the sun for a little while then peal them off. Goo Gone is good for removing the glue that is left behind
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe try a hair dryer, or heat gun, to heat up the edges and slowly peel them off.
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Razor blade and lots of windex. The windows should not be tinted outside.