cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your favorite features.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

There's lots of things I like about my camper but these are probably my two favorite.

#1 on my list when I started looking was a built in generator.

Everything else was secondary.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
25 REPLIES 25

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
specta wrote:
ppine wrote:
Insulation, murphy bed, big slide, solar power, wood cabinets, head room, big dinette, L shaped counter, large bathroom, mattress topper, good windows, WDH, covered undercarriage, etc.

Must be a nice truck camper.

Needs a dually...
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

specta
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
Insulation, murphy bed, big slide, solar power, wood cabinets, head room, big dinette, L shaped counter, large bathroom, mattress topper, good windows, WDH, covered undercarriage, etc.

Must be a nice truck camper.
Kenny

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
I love watching the solar controller feed me with free power during the day.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
The generator can run the air conditioner, the microwave and most importantly, my new "Nespresso Vertuo" espresso machine.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

srschang
Nomad
Nomad
Dry bath, no basement (fits through pole barn door!), 12' length, can haul on my SRW Ram.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

Boondocking2019
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
We are certainly all different. The last thing I want is a propane generator. It is often difficult to find propane while traveling. Gas is everywhere. I certainly do not want a 110v coffee pot. I rarely have hook ups and would not want to blast the generator first thing in the morning just for coffee.

I don't "travel" per say, just to where I'm going camping which is almost always out in the mountains somewhere where there there are no other people.

I always have plenty of propane with me so I never worry about running out.

There's no one around me when I fire up my generator first thing in the morning to brew a pot of coffee.

I LOATH campgrounds because they are always full of people.

And I don't want to be parked next to some old goat that whines about everything.

Now back to the topic.....

What do you like about your camper??

Not hate about mine.........

Exactly, why I sold the 36’ 5th Wheel and bought a TC so we can get away from those crowded RV Parks and State Campgrounds and Boondock off the highway with our UTV. Yes I’m different, ordered the Adventurer with Solar Power and Generator because Propane is readily available in the Northwest.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
mike/kellie wrote:
Hedgehopper wrote:
Please elaborate

We're traveling back from Quartzite now after attending the first TCA rally. I just found the second of 2 plastic clips that hold down my clear cover floating on the blackout screen.
The idea is great, the design is 50%. They really need to make the components stronger. The retractable screens get weak and I've re-torqued the spring adjustments.
So this morning I'm seeing winds and fortunately no rain in sight but the cover is floating. We'll secure it for the last 6 hrs of travel. It's a love/hate relationship.

Same as me. We love the light that comes in.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

specta
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
We are certainly all different. The last thing I want is a propane generator. It is often difficult to find propane while traveling. Gas is everywhere. I certainly do not want a 110v coffee pot. I rarely have hook ups and would not want to blast the generator first thing in the morning just for coffee.

I don't "travel" per say, just to where I'm going camping which is almost always out in the mountains somewhere where there there are no other people.

I always have plenty of propane with me so I never worry about running out.

There's no one around me when I fire up my generator first thing in the morning to brew a pot of coffee.

I LOATH campgrounds because they are always full of people.

And I don't want to be parked next to some old goat that whines about everything.

Now back to the topic.....

What do you like about your camper??

Not hate about mine.........
Kenny

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hedgehopper wrote:
Please elaborate

We're traveling back from Quartzite now after attending the first TCA rally. I just found the second of 2 plastic clips that hold down my clear cover floating on the blackout screen.
The idea is great, the design is 50%. They really need to make the components stronger. The retractable screens get weak and I've re-torqued the spring adjustments.
So this morning I'm seeing winds and fortunately no rain in sight but the cover is floating. We'll secure it for the last 6 hrs of travel. It's a love/hate relationship.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II

specta
Explorer
Explorer
lakeside013104 wrote:
Best part of my T/C is my bride who is my childhood sweetheart!!!!

Lakeside

That's not an option for me. 😉
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Boondocking2019 wrote:
I too like the Onan Generator option on the Adventurer 89RBS. The slide was one option the dear wife had to have. These two options come with a weight factor but for us they were a must have.

The generator was a must for me.

I bought my camper used and the generator didn't work. I had it looked at and it needed a new stator and armature. The stator is no longer available but could have been rewound in CA.

Being that the generator was nearly 25 years old, even though it didn't have a lot of hours on it I bought a new one. :E

They are pricey. 😉
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 wrote:
Sealy Posturpedic queen size mattress with a down topper we sleep really well, 200 watts of solar so we rarely use the generator. No slides = nothing to break

My only issue with having a slide is the added weight.

I'm pretty much at my limit.
Kenny