cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Zinger ZT39BH on Order

whwaldrep
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for comments and concerns of things to look for during the PDI specifically with Zinger. Also if anyone has pictures of the sewer connection area or electrical panel area I would be grateful. I'm planning to install a surge guard and a sani-con system.

Thank you,
Wesley
2011 FORD F350 CREWCAB 6.7L DRW
ProPride 3P Sway Control Hitch
2014 Zinger ZT39BH
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger GO/MOBILE
8G8D-Deka 265 Ah Deep Cycle GEL Battery
27 REPLIES 27

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
3.0charlie wrote:
I found mine here: Oxygenics Canada

Thanks for the linkage. I'll check it out.
TT: 2013 Zinger ZT33BH
TV: 1986 6.2 Diesel Chev 3/4 ton van

3_0charlie
Explorer
Explorer
bmupton wrote:
aarond76 wrote:
For your shower flow issues the problem is the junk shower head they include in campers. Get an Oxygenics and you will be happy. Night and day difference for $30 and no other changes

I cannot find one for $30 in Canada...

The best I've found is $40. Plus $20 shipping. Plus God knows what for duty from Canada customs being a bunch of *****.
I found mine here: Oxygenics Canada
John, DW and 4 kids.
2013 Kodiak 263RLSL
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
I bought mine several years ago but even at the prices you reference, the difference is incomparable.

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
aarond76 wrote:
For your shower flow issues the problem is the junk shower head they include in campers. Get an Oxygenics and you will be happy. Night and day difference for $30 and no other changes

I cannot find one for $30 in Canada...

The best I've found is $40. Plus $20 shipping. Plus God knows what for duty from Canada customs being a bunch of *****.

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
I too have a ZT33BH. I'm fairly happy overall. To respond to some of your points, however:

eightrac wrote:

1. LP hose pinching between kitchen slide aft support mount and framework, nearly punctured and causes interruption in refrigerator operation when slide is in.

I've found this slide operation to be a two person job. One underneath holding things and the other operating the slide. Not convenient, but better than facing an issue like that.
eightrac wrote:

2. I have not added anything to the RV electrically other than a LED 32" TV and an LCD 19" TV in the bedroom. When the A/C is running, both refrigerators are on electric and the water heater is switched on, the 30 amp main breaker trips. This leads me to believe that 30 amp power is not adequate for this RV. The dealer and Crossroads have agreed to install a 45 amp supply unit as per my reccomendation.

I am tempted to do this as well... Especially if you come across a power supply in a park that has a weak breaker from years of this sort of thing happening to it...I can't even have the air and water heater on in mine.

eightrac wrote:

I have found some things that were designed a bit stupid/cheaply too and I plan to correct on my own if possible

3. 40 Gallons is not a lot of shower gray water space for four people.

My wife will do a "navy shower" and the kids get showered using the outside one or the CG showers. I use the CG showers. We do OK, but you're right it fills up quick.

eightrac wrote:

4. 40-50 psi is not enough pressure to properly run the shower head. It just dribbles.
I'm tempted to buy a larger pump. Something with quieter operation as well. Any suggestions?

eightrac wrote:
5. No black tank rinse. Even cheap RVs have this.
I made the mistake of assuming it had one...was surprised it didn't.

eightrac wrote:
6. No drain for the outdoor kitchen refrigerator and it leaks all over the interior of the kitchen whn thawed.
I'll have to remember that when I go to defrost and keep an eye on the drip plate to empty it periodically.

eightrac wrote:
7. The grease used on the propane connection for the grill is bad. It has hardedned and inhibits the action of the quick connector.
8. Three step entry is nice, bottom stair can rip your hand off if you arent careful while folding the stairs in.
9. No ladder (WTF???)

I had no issue with the propane quick connector, my front step is a bit difficult to operate but not dangerous as far as I can tell, and mine has a ladder. Perhaps the ladder shipped separately and your dealer did not install it?

eightrac wrote:
10. Pillow top mattress is a beauty. I added two foam mats to it and its to die for, except for the fact that the support framework isnt even fastened to the RV at the forward points and nearly folded and killed me the first time I sat on it. A couple of screws later and all was well.
We put a 4" memory foam topper on ours. I don't remember the last time I slept so well. The framework in mine appears to be fully secured...must have had an installer on a bad day...

eightrac wrote:
11. I have never owned an RV with an RV vent cover in the bedroom that was nearly transparent and allows so much light in. Nothing like being awakened at 7am by the morning sun!!! Ordered black vent covers to alleviate this one.
We use one of those vent pillows there. Works really well.

eightrac wrote:
12. Why is there a window on the aft end of the dinette/sofa slide? It faces the bedroom slide?!?!?!?!
Maybe just to give the illusion of space and size?

eightrac wrote:
13. No ladder to allow kids to get in or down from the LH bunk in the aft bedroom. Not so much of a problem for me as my kids are 16 and 19, but the shorties might have some issues getting in.
I bought a 3-step stepladder at Wal-Mart. Does the trick, but does take up considerable space. Might try building a ladder fixed in place or that hooks on the edge of the bunk
eightrac wrote:
14. The kitchen sink spout is waaaaay to tall for the small size of the dual sinks. Splashy splashy and everything is wet!
I attached a swivel sprayer to ours. Solved that problem as it reduces flow rate a bit.
eightrac wrote:
15. Forward dinette seat drawer contacts the island when the slide is in. Its beginning to make a little mark on the island woodwork.

Ours does not have this problem. Your island must be in a slightly different position than mine.
eightrac wrote:
16. A 32" Vizio Slim LED TV (internet model) fits in the living area ET center perfectly. Dont trust the sticker telling you to "mount here" if you think studs or anything are behind. I had to use a small piece of plywood fastened to the wall with the TV bracket fastened to that. I used a thin bracket with a quick disconnect and used two small pieces of a foam "swimming noodle" to stabilize it. Its ghetto but effective. The TV is hung correctly and is not going anywhere. Although, the outlets are a little tough to get to as is the antenna amp button.
I used a stud finder and a mount that could pivot and move. Worked out well. A fixed point TV mount would cause the TV to be mounted not-centered in the cabinet though.
eightrac wrote:
17. An RV of this length can benefit from a set of center stabilizing jacks. I ordered a couple and will be installing them just forward of the front axle.
18. When the RV is leveled, the stabilizer jacks cannot contact the ground when extened all of the way of the spot is level. I now own 3 sets of Lynx Levelers due to this fact.

Agreed. A friend of mine has an extra set we're going to try and install on the weekend. I built myself a bunch of blocks out of 2x6 lumber to extend the jacks to, as the spot I'm in right now drops off at the rear, and the jacks don't even reach the ground fully extended.

Have you had issues with your furnace short cycling? Mine they only connected two of three ducts off the back of the furnace to the in-floor ducting, completely ignoring the installation instructions from the furnace manufacturer. I posted in the mods forum the fix I implemented. Mine would only run a few minutes before the burner would cut out and then it would start cycling.

The only other issue mine has at the moment is the dinette slide doesn't work on electric power. I have a feeling something came loose in transit because it worked during the PDI and at home while we were loading it up. It's a warranty item that can wait until fall though as the slide still operates just fine manually.

Overall, however, I am happy with the trailer. It's a major upgrade over my 1996 Mallard 31T with no slides and very small tanks (Less than 40 gallon total capacity)

eightrac
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a ZT33BH on June 24th. As suggested on here, I taped the PDI. This basically did nothing for me as the PDI guide knew nothing of the RV, or RV'ing for that matter. These are some of the things I found immediately after the PDI, all on my own and have returned the RV to the dealer for correction.

1. LP hose pinching between kitchen slide aft support mount and framework, nearly punctured and causes interruption in refrigerator operation when slide is in.
2. I have not added anything to the RV electrically other than a LED 32" TV and an LCD 19" TV in the bedroom. When the A/C is running, both refrigerators are on electric and the water heater is switched on, the 30 amp main breaker trips. This leads me to believe that 30 amp power is not adequate for this RV. The dealer and Crossroads have agreed to install a 45 amp supply unit as per my reccomendation.
3. #1 Gray water tank reads 2/3 full when enough water is added to the tank to reach the 1/3 sensor.
4. A/C motor vibrates A LOT. Shakes the slider on the screen door enough to make noise.
5. Manual slide rod for kitchen isn't connected to anything.
6. Brakes are out of round (found immediately after leaving dealership but was too tired to turn around as I work nights and it was already 2pm)
7. I now have four LEDs out on the awning light strip after four uses.
8. Drip rail on rh side pulls away from wall when awning is rolled up all the way.
9. My RV must have been hauled from Indiana in the dead of winter, then allowed to sit without being washed. The tin material in the wheel well areas are beginning to corrode. I am in the process of scraping the corrosion loose and paining with a rust reforming paint.

I have found some things that were designed a bit stupid/cheaply too and I plan to correct on my own if possible

1. The cover for the range can contact the range vent screen clip and gouge the paint when opening or closing if you arent careful.
2. Reaching things on the LH side of the forward cargo compartment from the right side is impossible unless you access through the bed or a hook of some sort.
3. 40 Gallons is not a lot of shower gray water space for four people.
4. 40-50 psi is not enough pressure to properly run the shower head. It just dribbles.
5. No black tank rinse. Even cheap RVs have this.
6. No drain for the outdoor kitchen refrigerator and it leaks all over the interior of the kitchen whn thawed.
7. The grease used on the propane connection for the grill is bad. It has hardedned and inhibits the action of the quick connector.
8. Three step entry is nice, bottom stair can rip your hand off if you arent careful while folding the stairs in.
9. No ladder (WTF???)
10. Pillow top mattress is a beauty. I added two foam mats to it and its to die for, except for the fact that the support framework isnt even fastened to the RV at the forward points and nearly folded and killed me the first time I sat on it. A couple of screws later and all was well.
11. I have never owned an RV with an RV vent cover in the bedroom that was nearly transparent and allows so much light in. Nothing like being awakened at 7am by the morning sun!!! Ordered black vent covers to alleviate this one.
12. Why is there a window on the aft end of the dinette/sofa slide? It faces the bedroom slide?!?!?!?!
13. No ladder to allow kids to get in or down from the LH bunk in the aft bedroom. Not so much of a problem for me as my kids are 16 and 19, but the shorties might have some issues getting in.
14. The kitchen sink spout is waaaaay to tall for the small size of the dual sinks. Splashy splashy and everything is wet!
15. Forward dinette seat drawer contacts the island when the slide is in. Its beginning to make a little mark on the island woodwork.
16. A 32" Vizio Slim LED TV (internet model) fits in the living area ET center perfectly. Dont trust the sticker telling you to "mount here" if you think studs or anything are behind. I had to use a small piece of plywood fastened to the wall with the TV bracket fastened to that. I used a thin bracket with a quick disconnect and used two small pieces of a foam "swimming noodle" to stabilize it. Its ghetto but effective. The TV is hung correctly and is not going anywhere. Although, the outlets are a little tough to get to as is the antenna amp button.
17. An RV of this length can benefit from a set of center stabilizing jacks. I ordered a couple and will be installing them just forward of the front axle.
18. When the RV is leveled, the stabilizer jacks cannot contact the ground when extened all of the way of the spot is level. I now own 3 sets of Lynx Levelers due to this fact.
19. That shiny plate over the burner on the grill stays shiny for the first 30 seconds you own it

whwaldrep
Explorer
Explorer
F350 SRW 6.7 3.55
2014 Zinger ZT39BH
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger GO/MOBILE

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
whwaldrep wrote:
Yes I know I'm a good bit over weight. We are only going short distance's until the new truck arrives. But believe it or not with the propride hitch it pulls fine, but I would not chance pulling it over a mountain with the current setup. And backing it is not to bad, however I'm not trying to squeeze it any tight spots.

I'm the same, only short trips until I can afford a replacement TV. My suspension and hitch can handle my trailer, but the little 6.2 diesel mated with the 700R4 transmission is not the best combo for this much weight. If I keep it in 3rd instead of D I can manage 80km/h fairly well. It didn't want to accelerate past that without making a bunch of noise, so I stayed there.

I found backing this one to be a pain I think mainly because the spot we're at was surrounded by mud on both sides of the road and vehicles parked fairly close. Had very little room to maneuver. I backed it up at an angle in to my driveway at home with no trouble at all, and I turned it around on the street without too much stress.

Have fun with your new rig!

APT
Explorer
Explorer
whwaldrep wrote:
Yes I know I'm a good bit over weight

Please be careful. The receiver is rated for 1000 pounds using a WDH. 1300-1500 pounds puts a lot of stress on it, far beyond what it was designed to handle. There have been some reports of the OEM receiver on 2007+ GM SUVs bending. Take a look at the frame and how it is attached. I would be concerned with it failing while driving and disconnecting from the TV.

What is the replacement TV you have ordered?
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

whwaldrep
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:
How does a residential fridge stay stable during transit?

Yes I can't even move it, but it also comes with straps to secure it.
2014 Zinger ZT39BH
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger GO/MOBILE

whwaldrep
Explorer
Explorer
I will get a pic of it tomorrow, yes I intend on hauling this around. We have a big family, and needed the room. I'm not really intending on dry camping but with the family if we need to pull over for a break I don't intend on not being able to use it. The GEL batteries are great except don't drain in below 20% or you will kill it. I have installed a disconnect that will automatically disconnect if the threshold is reached. We live in Northeast Georgia so our primary travel will be Tenn., Fl (Gulf Beach Area), Fl (Disney), & SC (Beach).

Hope this helps.
2014 Zinger ZT39BH
EU3000iS
WiFiRanger GO/MOBILE

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
How does a residential fridge stay stable during transit?
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
Any pics of that monster battery you show in your signature? How do you have it mounted? This unit has a residential fridge correct? Based on the monster battery and the generator it seems you intend to do some dry camping. I too am interested in this type of unit but do not want to be tied to a seasonal site. Based on your gear it seems like you are doing what I am thinking about and I would like to hear more on your intended usage.