cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 830 Window replacement

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anyone have any experience finding a replacement? My bro forgot to latch his and it blew off on the freeway. He called Lance and they told him the company no longer makes that size and he is basically SOL.

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads
33 REPLIES 33

Hopefully I’m posting correctly.  I’m a little confused by the formatting,  computers are not my area of expertise.  Between traveling in the camper for a couple months and getting Covid .I have been delayed in getting back to this thread. Tcliche, great rundown on the install. So the question is how is it working out with the MG16RW?  I now have 11000 miles on my gorilla tape (and only one slight addition to the tape).  I’m ready to order but would like to hear any other thoughts you may have. Thanks, Chris 

tcliche
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi

So, here is screenshot of what I bought on Amazon

Maygood: It seems like this is the "manufacturer" of those windows.. that are then commercialized as dometic or seitz or ... For example it seems like a Dometic S7P is actually a Maygood MG17RW. But maybe it is the other way around ... Anyway, the site I used to get more information is ecocampor.com/accessories/ and then I tried to track the model around different sites. But it looks like the MG17RW and S7P are really similar windows and the MG16RW and S5 are also really similar (the screen/blind assy seem different as weel as the way to assemble on the wall). The MG16/S5 seems also to be a good choice and is cheaper than the MG17/S7P that I ordered and also much easier to find on Amazon. But is also much more "square". I would need to replace all 4 windows on the Lance830 so it would look OK and potentiall shim more .... That will maybe be the next step if the MG17/S7P 900x500 does not work.

A couple of notes:
- The original Dometic window is actually model number AGC5830900X52040 Dometic P/N DOMC50108E. This is also known as a Dometic/Seitz C5 window. In Europe,Australia it looks like the window is still avalable 900x520 mm (sometime called a "blade"). But I have been unsuccwful to even get a quote for shipping to USA.

- The original "C5" window has aperture radius of 50mm (this is the corner radius of the opening). THe MG17RW has a 70mm radius (corners will be "flatter") so I am expecting to shim/foam fill the corners/bottom/top but if the frame covers completely the window opening, this would be great.

- 900x550 is also in the possibilities and like you said would require cutting about 1 inch larger vertical opening, Could be an option if this one fails.

This is it for now.
I will repost some picture of the success/failure of my MG17RW install around Thanksgiving when I receive it.

errante
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anutami, thanks foe the suggestions. I order from Amazon all the time but I’ve stayed away from aliexpress. Have you used them? Regarding custom windows, I communicated with several manufacturers. They weren’t interested. While they did not give explicit reasons I got the feeling it was due to quantity and profit margins. Tcliche, the link was removed for some reason. Could you pm it to me. I had not heard of Maygood. They have a variety of windows with differing corner fillets. The window with the 7 mm fillet would work with just adding a gap filling piece at the bottom. Another option would be to get the 900x550 and cut a little off of the camper cutout top and bottom. The wall thickness parameters look good. The frameless windows were a closer match but I couldn’t find anything on a secure site. Good luck with your order. I’m interested to know how it fits.

tcliche
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi. I am in process of replacing that window too.
I just ordered a MayGood MG17RW a couple of weeks ago on Amazon($500)
It is a 900mm x 500mm push out window with a frame (***Link Removed***
The opening of the Lance830 is 890mm x 510mm so I maybe will need to do some shiming.
I should receive it by Thanksgiving. I will keep you guys updated if it worked or not (If it does, I will need to do it for the other side, so it matches ...).
If not, maybe we could get all together to order on Alibaba if there is a MOQ for a 900mmx520mm frameless (there is a MaygGood MG17RW-WF that is frameless, but I did not find anywhere else than Alibaba)

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
errante wrote:
In short, no. I have given up trying to get a match. We have talked to numerous rv salvage yards and looked at a variety of new windows. The problem as I mentioned in the previous post is the cutout corner fillet. There are several available that are close HxW but have a much greater fillet which leaves a gap at all corners. The solutions I’ve come up with are either to fill that gap or to create a thin spacer on the outside that would cover that gap. Part of the problem is the inside clothing rack on the top and a cherry clothing compartment I built for the bottom. It is the passenger side upper window. Very little extra room. Btw the screen/shade is totally separate and could possibly be used on a window with similar dimensions. I have pretty much resigned myself to filling in or covering the corners. Up to a few years ago there was a replacement available but to my understanding that is no longer made. Please post if you find a good fit. Good luck, Chris

There are sellers on aliexpress that do custom orders on those windows. Not sure the minimum order qty.
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

errante
Explorer III
Explorer III
In short, no. I have given up trying to get a match. We have talked to numerous rv salvage yards and looked at a variety of new windows. The problem as I mentioned in the previous post is the cutout corner fillet. There are several available that are close HxW but have a much greater fillet which leaves a gap at all corners. The solutions I’ve come up with are either to fill that gap or to create a thin spacer on the outside that would cover that gap. Part of the problem is the inside clothing rack on the top and a cherry clothing compartment I built for the bottom. It is the passenger side upper window. Very little extra room. Btw the screen/shade is totally separate and could possibly be used on a window with similar dimensions. I have pretty much resigned myself to filling in or covering the corners. Up to a few years ago there was a replacement available but to my understanding that is no longer made. Please post if you find a good fit. Good luck, Chris

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
You could try aliexpress,

Here are the sizes they offer

Mjhendrickson
Explorer
Explorer
errante wrote:
I posted on this old Lance 830 thread because It would hopefully elicit the most knowledgeable responses. My camper is a Lance 830. I was camped in New Mexico in calm weather and a sudden wind gust pulled one of my windows up and threw it 20 feet. It damaged the lense but nothing gorilla tape couldn’t fix. Been that way for 5000 miles. Time to fix it. Talked to Lance. The window and its replacement are no longer made. Talked to several other suppliers/manufacturers, same answer. Talked to San Diego trailer supply, same answer, etc. While not a common size the main problem I am encountering is the cutout corner measurement. The curve is different and any modern replacement I have found leaves gaps. The dometic/seitz spec is 900x520. I have more numbers but this window is peculiar to Lance 830s. I would appreciate any help anyone who has replaced this window can give me. Thanks, Chris

Any luck on finding a replacement? Was headed to Idaho today and noticed my window was gone when I filled out about 3 hours away from home.

errante
Explorer III
Explorer III
I posted on this old Lance 830 thread because It would hopefully elicit the most knowledgeable responses. My camper is a Lance 830. I was camped in New Mexico in calm weather and a sudden wind gust pulled one of my windows up and threw it 20 feet. It damaged the lense but nothing gorilla tape couldn’t fix. Been that way for 5000 miles. Time to fix it. Talked to Lance. The window and its replacement are no longer made. Talked to several other suppliers/manufacturers, same answer. Talked to San Diego trailer supply, same answer, etc. While not a common size the main problem I am encountering is the cutout corner measurement. The curve is different and any modern replacement I have found leaves gaps. The dometic/seitz spec is 900x520. I have more numbers but this window is peculiar to Lance 830s. I would appreciate any help anyone who has replaced this window can give me. Thanks, Chris

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
EHaase wrote:
hey bud any help you can give me. I'm getting the run around - didnt know if you have the model and size - I'm not having any luck - thanks! BTW - you still have the camper - you having trouble with the tent?

Got the # from my bro. Yes he still has the camper and absolutely loves it with his dw and 2 littles. They just back from beach camping and were complaining about the tent starting to come apart.

The part # is Domc50108 (add an E to the end if you want the emergency hatch). He ordered his through San Diego trailer supply.

Regards
Nolan

EHaase
Explorer
Explorer
hey bud any help you can give me. I'm getting the run around - didnt know if you have the model and size - I'm not having any luck - thanks! BTW - you still have the camper - you having trouble with the tent?

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah he got it directly from dometic, was having difficulty because the part number changed and finally figured out the correct #. Lance no longer uses those windows.

Prominion
Explorer
Explorer
Any luck? I've been off for a while so I missed the post. I went direct to Lance after same thing happened to my 830, they shipped a replacement direct to my home and were very helpful.
Professional Minion & Sweetie

smooth1
Explorer
Explorer
I would at least call Dometic to confirm this, as they actually make the window. My friend ordered that exact window 6 months ago for his 830. The other windows in that camper are the exact same size and have the model number printed on them. Hopefully they have one.

rinkmom899
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 replacement windows from a 2008 okanagan 106UDB. If you are interested I can measure them. I am not sure
which window they were from. I am located in Massachusetts so shipping could be a problem.