cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Mounted and sealed the sat dish, checked the Dicor on the roof for any holes since I just sealed it......storm is coming.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
Earlier in this thread I said I was getting my utility trailer ready for a hoped for long mid winter trip to the desert. While I am as slow as a snail here is what I have done so far. This trailer is about 30 years old and I built it strong. About time I renewed it a bit. Sandblasted, primed, and painted, about ready to work on the stake sides. New floor already made and ready to bolt in.

'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....we sent it to an indoor heated spa for the winter (along with the mint-condition 2004 truck), where it/they won't have to endure 6 months of 800+ LBS of ice buildup on its roof and an onslaught of brutally destructive rodents-- thereby perhaps tripling its/their lifespan (without expending even a single minute in sweat equity nor expensive RV replacement parts) :B
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Started sealing the roof up with Dicor, pulled the cargobox off the top, it was cracked and broken. I need to start looking for a replacement.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a Wave 3 heater. Also winterized TC so I can de-winterixe it in 2 weeks. Its such an easy RV to winterize and can do it with 1 gallon of pink.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

garryk6
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of plumbing, electrical and insulation... Just posted pics to the Avion Rebuild THREAD.

Garry
Garry K
Wife + 4 kids
Retired Military Family.... Alway's on the move....
2002 F350 CCSB 5.4 6spd 4x4 in AK
1966 Avion C-10 Truck Camper

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Sally finished painting the interior so last night I was able to screw all the curtain rails and brassware back to the walls, as well as refitting the edging strips around the roof hatches.

Steve.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

RockyRoadCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Warshed the truck camper today in prep for a run over to Mammoth Cave National Park.

SALTYDOG5435S-T
Explorer
Explorer
Finished cleaning it up from a weekend in Kingsville Texas. We went to a long distance casting tournament. Next weekend we will be in San Antonio at the Majestic to listen to our daughter sing. Then we will be getting it ready for our Black Friday camping trip to PINS. It sure is great being able to take your home with you.
2002 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Longbed SRW
2003 Lance 845
USMC 70-74
#1 fishing partner since 1981: My Ladybug

Silver_Knight
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the heater to break it in preparing for trip to Big Bend over Thanksgiving. Attempt number two at our maiden voyage!
Lee & Ren
Bryce: 2000
Dillon: 2001
Bailey: 2004
2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2008 Honda Odyssey Toad
2006 F250, Super Crew, 4X4, Bulletproof 6.0 Liter PSD <--Google It!
2012 Lance 825

garryk6
Explorer
Explorer
Insulation, Plumbing more insulation, mounted sink, more insulation, more plumbing, mounted new charger/converter, more insulation, More plumbing. You get the picture. But at 24 outside, a little ceramic heater set less than half keeps the TC above 65 and closer to 70 pretty easily, even with lots of in and out the main door!

Garry and the Saga off the Avion TC in Alaska
Garry K
Wife + 4 kids
Retired Military Family.... Alway's on the move....
2002 F350 CCSB 5.4 6spd 4x4 in AK
1966 Avion C-10 Truck Camper

Medic91
Explorer
Explorer
Drained and winterized all water lines and drains..cleaned up the inside and outside, added some insulation hoping to get some "cooler" weather camping in before real winter sets in
2007 Lance 815 w/AC & heat strip, 1997 Ford F-250 HD gas, SRW 4x4

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Watched it snow, then rain, then snow again on it! Sposed to be nice for the next couple of days, so maybe I can get the rest of the trim back on and the roof sealed.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
Today I finally found a few minutes to remove and repair and reinstall my inverter.
I have been battling this issue with my Prosine 2.0 for some time... one of its circuit boards uses edge connectors with a very short engagement and due to the poor design they can easily become dis-connected. When this happens the inverter will continue to operate but it will no longer communicate with the external control panel. (there's a "run without remote panel" setting)
After several rounds of re-seating the board only to have the connector come apart a few months later, I decided to remedy the issue once and for all. So I machined up 3 C-shaped clips from a piece of ABS. These clips tightly grip each connector and keep them firmly seated. The clips cannot fall off since they are retained by the inverter's sheet metal enclosure.
Now that the inverter is happy again, next weekend's project will be installing 3 new Odyssey AGM batteries (100AH ea) in the basement.

'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

Parts_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized it today. Did it a little early since I am having surgery in a couple of weeks.
2000 Ford F350 Power Stroke Diesel
2005 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer
2007 Sea Pro 195FS

My Photo Album