cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

freddypinak
Nomad
Nomad
Fixed a slow leak we had under the kitchen sink drain. Turned into more of a job than just replacing a gasket or two once we took everything apart. The sink drain down tube had a cracked fitting. Neither Home Depot or Lowe's had the exact replacement fitting, but with a little ingenuity, we found enough parts to make a repair. Not too upset about the need to make a repair, after all, the camper is 15 years old ๐Ÿ™‚

We're one step closer to the Alaska trip this summer!
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4
1998 Lance SquireLite 165

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
skipro3 wrote:
That's funny about changing out the locks, I removed my locks and replaced them with the simple quarter turn latches. It's not like there's any protection anyways, if someone wanted it to that compartment, it's gonna happen seeing as thte material is so thin and lightweight anyways. If anyone gets in and takes something, at least I'm not ALSO fixing a damaged hatch door too...

I agree. The standard RV locks aren't there for security as much as to keep them from vibrating open on their own. The doors are so thin that on my first trip out the battery slid a little and popped it open without any permanent damage. I since put a wood block in to hold the battery.

Adding "secure" locks may just encourage someone to wonder what you're trying to keep.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
fixed the annoying tic tic tic in the Fantastic fan. The temperature sensor kept hitting the rotating fan so I pulled off the screen and tucked the flat end of the sensor into the screen lip and re-tightened the screen into place. totally quiet now that the sensor is held in place in two spots.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

nkrantz
Explorer
Explorer
Finished taking off the pic decals on my AF1140
AF 1140 2 optima yellow tops Honda eu3000 honda eu 2000 companion

2012 Ram 3500 DRW Roadmaster Sway Bar, Airbags, stableloads, superhitch, Buckstop bumper, carli lift, Alcoa's with 3970lb toyo AT's

kehale
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the generator for 2 hours with the AC on. Loud!
06 Lance 1181

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
That's funny about changing out the locks, I removed my locks and replaced them with the simple quarter turn latches. It's not like there's any protection anyways, if someone wanted it to that compartment, it's gonna happen seeing as thte material is so thin and lightweight anyways. If anyone gets in and takes something, at least I'm not ALSO fixing a damaged hatch door too...

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing, just looked at the sheet metal screw in my left front tire and moaned. I hate having to drive around construction sites.
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced all of the worthless generic CH751 locks and keys with new tubular-style locks and keys. A very quick and worthwhile mod that adds greater peace of mind.

Pics and step-by-step instructions: Replacing Your Worthless CH751 RV Locks

2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
my converter went bust a few days ago. today it was replaced under warranty. a nice 13+ voltage on the batteries now.

couple days ago I got the barley pop opener I ordered and it was added to my camper set up.

also the bulbs in my reading lights up at the headboard in the cab over were replaced with led bulbs. they were a harder to find bulb in led but ive got them now.

2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
installed new cheap quality screen door latch,checked all plumbing connections,a few were kinda loose,topped up with fresh water,heading south across the border for the easter weekend,great weather!
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

6pac
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the 18" tv and replaced with a 32" ran new tv cable to sat now able to watch and record at the same time.
Chevy 2006 2500HD 4 x 4 Duramax / Allison srw cc sb Fh air bags
Lance 2005 model 881 Max
Doriece & Ernest ( 6pac )

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Ran another receptacle into my RV carport on the shore power side. Then made a 6'long shore power cord with a 15 amp standard plug on one end and a 30 amp female plug on the other end. Now I dont have to dig out the 30' long shore power cord every time I want to plug in. Convenience is the name of the game.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

kitesurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Just a stock E450 straight axle with an Action Van 4" lift, just wanted some ground clearance and didn't want to spend 15k to convert to 4x4

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
That thing is sweet !
Is it a 4x4 or just a straight
axle?

kitesurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly just sold my first and only truck camper. It was a hard decision but with a kid and two big dogs we are going with a class B+ RV. A big thanks to all the members on here for their great advice, it really helped me when I bought my TC three years ago. I'll still be hanging out on this forum of course. My new rig: