cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
...made & installed an LED light fixture for over the dinette.
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Even the lil brown birds outside my window agree-dry dirt is good. As soon as the ground drys out they're down it spining donuts. Pretty funny to watch-like there trying to out do each other, I dont know how they do it-got there wings out flat to the ground-look like little motor boats throwing rooster tails. Soon as the dirt starts to powder-other will be diving in it like penguins in to water. Ok easily entertained....

Wont be seeing that for a while, rains suppose to start, So went around did visual on all seams and apps-did some recaulking around tops of some of the windows & cabinet door trim. Some cleaning and repainting on worst of the rust. Poor old camper is starting to show its age of 11. Setting outside a block from the beach its always wet- came to the conclusion all I seem to be doing is slowing down the process and inevitable at best.
Doesnt seem to be an issue when its in use-Margaret went back to work for a while-so it sets.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
We have a horse show to go to this weekend and my wife is riding. So before the storm hit and turned the parking area into a mudfest I got underneath the Tc and hooked up the 48" supertruss. I really hate lying in mud to do that, dry dirt is so much nicer
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
dakonthemountain wrote:

Chuck, Have a great trip! Ya might be leaving while it's snowing?... Hope not! Dak

Cuttin out Thursday....in between storms. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
Wired up the front electric jacks.....FINALLY, haven done the rears yet, there not as cut and dry as the front. Added a shutoff switch for the jacks only. Loaded it onto Red and will be leaving Thursday for a weekend of play!

Chuck, Have a great trip! Ya might be leaving while it's snowing?... Hope not!

Today I ordered a new automatic switchover regulator valve, two pigtails for the the tanks and 2 adapters for the tanks (my horizontal propane tanks have the old interior threads and new pigtails have the new POL connection)

Then I cleaned out from the last trip and packed and cleaned it for the next one in May. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced the gas control valve on the h/w heater. The old one would not shut the gas off when the unit was turned off allowing the pilot to continue to burn

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
Cut the hole in the water tank and installed the access cover so I can get into the tank to clean it or use a larger hose to drain it rather than wait for the little bitty drain to work and fill my truck bed. I think I am almost done with mods now. ๐Ÿ™‚
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
clinthia wrote:
ktimmer wrote:
Mounted rear view wireless camera on my Lance 981 this date. Works great!

What brand and could you please post some pictures?
Thanks, Clint

What Clint said.
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stared at it a bit :p.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
GMCPU53 wrote:
This past week had a Polar Cub 9200 installed . looking forward to some hot weather to try it out. .

Joe

good choice,i love running the H2000 on econo all night on less than a gallon of gas,small price to pay to stay cool.

NavigatorC130A
Explorer
Explorer
I installed 5 - 48 LED panels in the light fixtures and installed a 20 amp outside GFI outlet on our Jayco pop-up TC today. Over the weekend I replaced the linoleum with vinyl tile, and closed up all the areas that I had opened for the tank-less hot water tank install that I completed and posted about last seek in it's own string.
The Bradford's
Western NY
24'Class C TIoga Montera
1996 Jayco pop-up TC

GMCPU53
Explorer
Explorer
This past week had a Polar Cub 9200 installed . looking forward to some hot weather to try it out. .

Joe
2011 Silverado 3500HD LT4x4 Ext.Cab L/B SRW
2008 S&S Montana Ponderosa 8.5 FBSC

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Wired up the front electric jacks.....FINALLY, haven done the rears yet, there not as cut and dry as the front. Added a shutoff switch for the jacks only. Loaded it onto Red and will be leaving Thursday for a weekend of play!
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

sundowners
Explorer
Explorer
Today------I am trying to make some sort of repair on the front r/h/side top corner of our camper:S
I was visiting a cousin of the family yesterday and on a VERY narrow road with an unprotected shear drop down the moutain--------I had an olive tree overhanging over the other side------I could see the leaves and (as usual) brushed against them-----BUT hidden by the leaves was a cut-off branch about 4-5'' thick !!!!!!!!!!!
That was bad enough-------I did not realise what the 'bump' was and carried on for long enough for the branch to heavily gouge the side just under the gutter:o:S ----the full length of the camper
This was the first rain we have had for four months--and today is 'damp' so makes it difficult to keep dry.
The camper has ally cladding so makes for an 'interesting' project while on the road----thankfully cousin has a lot of tools at hand---but no shelter.
Another job for when we get back to England !!
A bit more character for our travelled rig!!
Nigel & Pamala-------central Portugal

turtletalk
Explorer
Explorer
big whitey pretty much sums up the TC life when home with it--"there is always STUFF to do: clean,pack,unpack,repair,improve,tear out,put back,etc,etc.some of it is fun,some not so much." We are enjoying this thread. Prompts us to do more STUFF!