cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Watching it snow on it 10" so far and still snowing. Its plugged in with my small space heater on with all the doors open inside.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
msiminoff wrote:
I made an aluminum panel to mount my new Trimetric and the controls/switches for the solar charge controller, water heater(s) & inverter display inside the camper...

It's just too nice to use. Frame it somewhere so it can be enjoyed as art.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
checked the propane tank levels, have the furnace on to keep the pipes from freezing.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Muffin,
Got it here on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Fastec-Travel-Trailer-Lock-White/dp/B000BRCEPQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1332071409&sr=8-4
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
msiminoff wrote:
I made an aluminum panel to mount my new Trimetric and the controls/switches for the solar charge controller, water heater(s) & inverter display inside the camper.

Wow, msiminoff! That's pretty impressive. I want one. ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

MrMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
Chief 2 wrote:
Replaced the rear door lock. The old one was starting to give me a hassel with the key lock portion.

Chief: where did you buy the lock? Lance or online?
Mr. Muffin

2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4306
2001 Jeep Wrangler or our Harley trailer

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made an aluminum panel to mount my new Trimetric and the controls/switches for the solar charge controller, water heater(s) & inverter display inside the camper...

'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

MAV_8801
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the bedliner from the truck and test fitted the TC into the truck.. It does fit in better. Ran my jacks up and down and cleaned the inner legs. Filled the TC back up with all our junk for the camping season.
2011 Palomino Maverick 8801, 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew Duramax/Allison, Timbrens, Bilsteins, Michelin LTX M/S2, Hypertech programer & Honda Eu2000

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Still seem to be getting a little water accumulation in the bottom left rear corner side wall at the bottom of the compartment door. Tried scraping out the old caulk and recaulking the edge trim but that only lessened the problem. It's is entering from more than one location. I scraped out and recaulked the vertical trim on the corner wall where the back and left side meet. There were a couple spots where the putty was not sealing. Going to scrape and recaulk the bottom edge trim on the back of the camper and a couple other trim meets Filon locations that may be suspect. I will check in the morning to see if the affected area shows whether it has dried out a bit or not.

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
Got the bathroom overhead window replaced with one that opens. Also trimmed the folding door to fir inside the opening. Now I think I am almost done adding to and modding my TC. Time to go RVing.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the rear door lock. The old one was starting to give me a hassel with the key lock portion.
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

RockyRoadCamper
Explorer
Explorer
My batteries needed about 1/2 cup of distilled water to each cell!
They were not 1/2 empty, ugh.

stumper92
Explorer
Explorer
De-winterized the water system and cleaned a bit. Ready to take a short trip this weekend.

RockyRoadCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the two Big Interstate batteries. All cells needed about 1/2 or so of distilled water. So I was worried. But when I checked the voltmeter both batteries were 12.85 vts. so 100% charged. My rig has been plugged in to 110 for 6 weeks.

Just a reminder we need to check our battery water more often. I feel I was lucky all was ok. The Batteries were new in Nov.

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
Put an electrical extension into the dinette for my laptop. Replaced the wide swinging door with a vinyl bi-fold door, fixed the awning of the door that the DEALER was too lazy to do when I bought the unit. Next is replacing the bath overhead window with one that opens. Fun, fun, fun!

Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.