cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

joe123
Explorer
Explorer
replaced the power converter,with one that will keep my batteries charged,replaceing the hood fan with something that will not make so much noise, replaced both valve to propane tank lines with old style not the plastic nut i need to use a wrench to tighten.More later as we are going to alaska and the yukon for two months starting in may.

RockyRoadCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to a truck service place about adding one main leaf spring to each side of my 2008 F-450. Have to use new spring bolts. Cost estimate around $500-$600. Think I will do that next week. No sag or sway or steering issues now but the back of the truck is still lower with the big Okan t/c with two slides. I have tried several things, best so far is the block-name?-between the springs and helper springs that gets more use out of the helper single spring, but as the back is still lower I want it level and I do not want air bags. Timbens did not do anything I can tell.

nkrantz
Explorer
Explorer
JumboJet wrote:
nkrantz wrote:
Gave it a new truck. Added led lights to inside and motion sensor lights outside,

Is that a TDR emblem on the grill?

Yes sir are you a member
AF 1140 2 optima yellow tops Honda eu3000 honda eu 2000 companion

2012 Ram 3500 DRW Roadmaster Sway Bar, Airbags, stableloads, superhitch, Buckstop bumper, carli lift, Alcoa's with 3970lb toyo AT's

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
nkrantz wrote:
Gave it a new truck. Added led lights to inside and motion sensor lights outside,

Is that a TDR emblem on the grill?

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
No pictures, and not today but over the past weekend:

- thoroughly cleaned the outside
- fixed a kink in the water tank pressure relief line. Much better water fill now ๐Ÿ™‚
- filled fresh water tank
- hooked up LPG
- tested all systems

... ready to go on the first trip for 2012!

-J
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

nkrantz
Explorer
Explorer

AF 1140 2 optima yellow tops Honda eu3000 honda eu 2000 companion

2012 Ram 3500 DRW Roadmaster Sway Bar, Airbags, stableloads, superhitch, Buckstop bumper, carli lift, Alcoa's with 3970lb toyo AT's

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a Cyclone Vent for the black tank.
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got a couple of old McLean Electronics Inc. 30watt (twin 15 watt tube) Fluorescent fixtures for it and some 1000 lumen each F15T8 tubes.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I removed the 12V power wire for the fridge from the umbilical plug on my TC and threaded it back into the sink cabinet area where I can access it from inside.

It is now the feeder wire for a 12V lighter socket installed above the kitchen counter. I will be installing a pair of 12V gel cell batteries and a fuse panel in the near future so my TC will have onboard power.

No more screeching propane alarm every time I take a shower due to low voltage!!!

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

TwoMaineiacs
Explorer
Explorer
Batteries are in and showed 5 of 6 bars on the solar panel meter. Yes! Moved the camper to be more in the sun and will start the packing of the permanent stuff Thursday after two days of expected rain. No signs of any winter damage anywhere in the camper. That big back storage lift door is slightly bowed out but is dry and closes fine. 52F in Maine today which is like mid summer. Makes me want to hop in the camper and go.
2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

TwoMaineiacs
Explorer
Explorer
Chopped up the ice/snow left by the plow in the last storm from woods entry to where the camper is stored. A little bit more sun on the cover and it will come off and fingers crossed, we'll check to see if there is any winter damage. We've peeked a few times but not made a full entry.

Brad820
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the burst water heater. Checked plumbing for leaks after WH installation.

Tested refrigerator on LPG.

Re-installed trim around the cabover after re-building a portion of the front that experienced water damage from leaking clearance lights and a leaking window.

Waiting on trim piece from Lance.

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 wrote:
Funny that it took me two years to check this but. I never could understand why we slept so hot in our TC even when it was in the mid 20's outside like it was in Yosemite during New Years and so many people here mentioned how the cold just came up through the mattress.. so I finally checked underneath. Yep Carl the guy I bought it from had put Reflectex down....

I'm going to have to put some of that down underneath our mattress. Do they come in rolls 60 inches wide? I've purchased reflectex in 24 inch wide rolls but never anything that wide.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Funny that it took me two years to check this but. I never could understand why we slept so hot in our TC even when it was in the mid 20's outside like it was in Yosemite during New Years and so many people here mentioned how the cold just came up through the mattress.. so I finally checked underneath. Yep Carl the guy I bought it from had put Reflectex down....

I also glued two coat hooks to the wall

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

TwoMaineiacs
Explorer
Explorer
Got out the tubs of "stuff" that gets put in the camper and started going through it all to see what doesn't really need to go. Refreshed the first aid kit, washed the linens. Supposed to be 50F here this coming week so we'll take the cover off and think about putting the batteries back in. Joe will do the load test on the batteries to see how they wintered with the trickle chargers. Last two snow storsm, the town plow left us a big mound in front of where we store the camper. That's got to be chopped through before we can load it.