cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

35 or 93?

KarenS144
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Missoula, MT for a couple of days but will head to Glacier on Saturday. I thought taking 93 to Kalispell then 2 to West Glacier would be best but had someone suggest taking 35 to 2 instead. They said it was much prettier and wasn't too bad of a drive if you didn't mind a mountain on one side and a big lake on the other but she drives a Pathfinder not a bus.

Which would be the easiest drive in a Class A gasser towing a Jeep?

Thanks!
Karen
Paoli, IN

Traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433
with 1 Hubby and 2 Boxers!
8 REPLIES 8

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the trip report. I think I will try that route next time going that way.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

KarenS144
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Glacier and took 35. Pretty drive with no problems. We poked along and made a couple stops..one for some YUMMY cherries and made it from Jim & Mary's in Missoula to Fish Creek CG in about 3.5 hours.

We've been on a lot worse roads than 35. Traffic was slower but we didn't mind since it gave us time to check out the lake and wonder what it'd be like to live in one of the places that clung to the side between the road & water. Traffic wasn't bad either. I think we met one double tanker truck and that was just after we made the right hand turn to the east side of the lake.

Thanks for advice! We enjoyed today's drive a lot.
Karen
Paoli, IN

Traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433
with 1 Hubby and 2 Boxers!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Take 35...much prettier and an easy lakeside drive. It doesn't matter if it's not a U.S. highway. There are many secondary roads that are excellent. We've driven it with our 40' motorhome. It's not mountainous if that's your concern. Have fun!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
KarenS144 wrote:
We're in Missoula, MT for a couple of days but will head to Glacier on Saturday. I thought taking 93 to Kalispell then 2 to West Glacier would be best but had someone suggest taking 35 to 2 instead. They said it was much prettier and wasn't too bad of a drive if you didn't mind a mountain on one side and a big lake on the other but she drives a Pathfinder not a bus.

Which would be the easiest drive in a Class A gasser towing a Jeep?

Thanks!

Several years ago we did the drive down the east side on 35 from highway 2 to highway 93 at Polson. Noticed that many of the former cherry orchards are now populated by houses. Yes, for many years this was a great cherry growing area as the lake negated any really cold winter temperatures.

Highway 35 is a decent 2 lane without any heavy traffic. We did it with a 32' motor home and toad. Plus it is more scenic than highway 93 which runs back away from the lake.

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
We have done both roads towing our 5th wheel. Neither was a problem but you do miss the traffic at Kalispell, not that it was too bad. As mentioned, the scenery is prettier on 35. They are correct about lake on one side, mountains on the other. You should plan ahead tho as fuel or break stops are very limited on 35.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We took 93. No problems with Class A towing.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I've done the US 93 several times. I have also contemplated the 35 but was hesitant because it's not a US highway. If you do it, give a road report.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

bigB42
Explorer
Explorer
both are ok 35 is 50mph but is much prettier,also you miss going through much of Kalispell. we live on 93 side of the lake ken & karen
ken