Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an upgrade to gas buddy?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Gasbuddy now does routing and prices along the route!

http://www.gasbuddy.com/Trip_Calculator.aspx
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
8 REPLIES 8

MPond
Explorer
Explorer
noe-place wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Hi noe-place,

You can manually enter the fuel tank size and the miles per gallon.

Yes but then they ask for vehicle information and their site doesn't have motorhomes on their vehicle list. Some larger pickups are missing too. I just thought I'd let them know at Gas Buddy to see if they could add the "variables."

I manually entered my fuel tank size, city & highway mpg, selected Diesel, clicked the 'Fuel my Trip' button. No need to enter vehicle information at all. It gave me some good information for my next trip.

There is a blue link that says 'Select a Vehicle', but you don't have to click it.
2003 Country Coach Intrigue, Cummins ISL 400
Toad: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) toad, with just a few mods...

Other rig: 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually / Next Level 38CK Fifth-wheel Toy Hauler w/ quads, sand rail, etc...

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi noe-place,

Yes but then they ask for vehicle information and their site doesn't have motorhomes on their vehicle list. Some larger pickups are missing too. I just thought I'd let them know at Gas Buddy to see if they could add the "variables."

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I deliberately put in a "smaller tank" to find the cheapest stations enroute.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
The trip planner has always been there, but I do not think you will see them add RVs. They get their information from EPA same as window stickers on cars, and to my knowledge there is no such info for motor homes. Too many variables. But the option to put in your own mpg, highway and city, and to choose your tank size will give you a decent route, fuel stops, and estimated usage.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi noe-place,

Regards, Don

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I contacted them and asked why they don't have motorhomes in their vehicle categories also. They said they'd "take it under advisement" so I guess we'll wait and see.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi 4huskers,

You can manually put in the tank size and your mileage.
Regards, Don

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
I opened the link and it doesn't appear to have Ford F250 or F350 models.