cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

are cheap flip phone still available?

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
In Mazatlan I tried Sam's Club and another large Mega? all they had were expensive phones. I think I need something like a cheap track flip phone. Any suggestions, or am I living in the past?
21 REPLIES 21

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
The last time we checked you could still get them at the TelCel offices - by that I mean the actual stores TelCel owns as opposed to kiosk type stores. But I think you can still get them just about anywhere. We like to get them at TelCel because then we know they work and we get an understanding of how the plan works explained clearly.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
OXXO stores have cheap phones, Chedraui, Walmart carry them, 7-11 and Circle K also sell them and some small mom and pop stores and "papelerias" where they sell paper, pens etc.

navegator

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Lanix smart phone for 1669 pesos. My plan renews every 23 days. $100 pesos/. Includes unlimited calls and text to Canada,Mexico and the USA. Data is 300 mb but you can buy more. Phone can be used as a Hotspot and can be used in any of the 3 countries with the same plan. That is just over $80 for the phone ! When driving in an unknown area Google maps is fantastic! But any Telcel store can sell you a dumb phone. There are even Smart phones for around 1000 pesos. You can buy bulk airtime and it will automatically renew every 23 days.

Moisheh

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We call them Gibbs phones from NCIS... We are still living for our old ones that went in the drawers here when the smart phone came out.. So far so good...

Bet EBAY has them but then you would have to have the smarts to make them work on your phone carrier...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
We have att and my girlfriend downgraded from a smartphone to a $60 flip phone so they are out there but be aware that the flip phone we got still can connect to the Internet so data is still charged
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
you should be able to find one. Verizon sells them
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
A year ago, while in Cabo San Lucas, during our motorhome trip I went to a small phone store, bought a phone and month's service for around $30. Refilled it for another month, then left Mexico, put it in a drawer and will refill it on our next trip south of the border.