cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

California Hwy 1. (UPDATED)

MARKW8
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me if Hwy 1 is doable pulling a 28'tip to tip travel trailer. This would be Just south of Mendocino north to the 101. I know it will have lots of curves.
Mark
8 REPLIES 8

MARKW8
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. We are going to go up the 101. It should be easier.
Mark

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
I have driven it in two different rigs. The most trouble was from Westport to Legget. Not real interesting, slow to 15 mph curves uphill and logging trucks to make it a challenge. I wouldn't take it again. I would head to 101 at Fort Bragg.

dedmiston
The 101 through the Redwoods is a decent Plan B. I just drove from L.A. to Trinidad (north of Eureka) a few weeks ago and it was lovely.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, it is curvy!
It should be no issue with your rig. A few switch backs are tight on northern end. Watch the signs and speed and you should be good to go.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MARKW8
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Since I posted last night, the wife said she's done with those types of roads. We've driven plenty in nearly 6 weeks so far. We're currently in Placerville CA. We started in Florida.
Mark

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It gets old really quick and I did it with a Popup. Lots of very tight twisties!
Personally I would not do it with a trailer like that.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Its been quite awhile since I've driven it, but besides curves it has a lot of grades.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper